Default NC laws?????????

Is there a website that i can look at laws regarding the operation of a fire Dept. in North Carolina?

We are a NO Tax (donation only) Department and would like to stay that way. But 1 member of the Community feels that we are not doing a good enough job. Of course he can't explain what we are not doing good at. He wants us on taxes fer some reason.

Dang....we just got the FEMA grant and are gettin a new pumper you would think the Community would be happy.

It is times like this and people like this that make a Volunteer question why they spend so much time away from there familys to help peolpe and not even be appreciated

Forum Member

Lightbulb

I think contacting the state, county or city attorney general may be the best resort for a ruling.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: NC laws?????????

Originally posted by fireman6433
    Is there a website that i can look at laws regarding the operation of a fire Dept. in North Carolina?

We are a NO Tax (donation only) Department and would like to stay that way. But 1 member of the Community feels that we are not doing a good enough job. Of course he can't explain what we are not doing good at. He wants us on taxes fer some reason.

Dang....we just got the FEMA grant and are gettin a new pumper you would think the Community would be happy.

It is times like this and people like this that make a Volunteer question why they spend so much time away from there familys to help peolpe and not even be appreciated
    There is a paperback book called "fire protection law in North Carolina that you can get a bookstore or on amazon

That should have alot of answers for you I used it when annexiation was in question
    i'm a Fire Chief in Wake County for a Dept. near Raleigh
    feel free to contatc me if I can be of any assistance
    Scottie Harris
    sh_fireinv@hotmail.com

Thread Information