MembersZone Subscriber

Default new orientation paperwork

Any departments out there have a copy of their New member orientation or new member check off they use in their department, If so could you post a copy or email me a copy so that i can compare and contrast.

Thanks

Andrew Moore
    FFEMT284@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default Looking For The Same Info

I am looking for the same info so am interested in replies you get. I posted a message on the Volunteers forum also.

Forum Member

I sent both of you e-mails, let me know what you are looking for and I can mail out a CD to you with the orientation package that we have been working on in our neck of the woods. It is still a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely (slowly, but nicely).
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Early Adopter

Originally posted by firefighter26
    I sent both of you e-mails, let me know what you are looking for and I can mail out a CD to you with the orientation package that we have been working on in our neck of the woods. It is still a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely (slowly, but nicely).
    Any chance you could float me that same information? Since we split with the Department of Public Safety... We're rewriting EVERYTHING. It'd be great to get some fresh perspective on something as important as new member orientation.

Forum Member

Random idea...

Not all new members will be able to be interior certified, or be EMS certified. How about some of the check-offs from the Junior/Explorer section here on Firehouse Forums? Other then a few minimal things, maybe you could gather some ideas / check offs from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

we use a combination of skill check off lists. In order to operate in any hazard zone we require the recruit to be at leat FF1 certified.

The check offs show that the recruit has demonstrated various skills such as locations of equipment, hose rolls, establishing equipment staging areas, etc. Completeing the first set of skills gets the recruit a pager and turnout gear, the second gives them a little more and so on.

MembersZone Subscriber

some of our SOP's and bylaws can be found here members.tvfd.org

Check it out for some ideas.

Also firefighter26 can you email me more info to ffemt284@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Forum Member

Skwerl530...any chance I might get a copy of your skills assessment program? You can contact me at paets@aol.com. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

ditto to what he said please send to FFEMT284@yahoo.com

Thread Information