Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Bravo/NBC's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

I am a casting director for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. We are in search of a NYC firefighter who has been through an heroic experience and has given all of his time and committment to saving others. It is time for you to be taken care of in return!
    If you or anyone you know fits the bill, please contact us ASAP.
    We want to hear your story and give you back what you so much deserve.

Please apply for him or yourself on line or email me your story.
    www.thequeereye.com/apply
    casting@thequeereye.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Bravo/NBC's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Originally posted by klsarge
    I am a casting director for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. We are in search of a NYC firefighter who has been through an heroic experience and has given all of his time and committment to saving others. It is time for you to be taken care of in return!
    If you or anyone you know fits the bill, please contact us ASAP.
    We want to hear your story and give you back what you so much deserve.

Please apply for him or yourself on line or email me your story.
    www.thequeereye.com/apply
    casting@thequeereye.com
    ...as well as exploit him for your ratings

George, I am sorry that you feel this way, We are not out to exploit people, we are looking to help them. Maybe you should have watched our season premiere on Tuesday. We helped out a soldier who was about to be deployed and his family.
    Again, sorry you feel this way.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is a really fun show! I mean, if you're homophobic, you probably shouldn't apply, but if you're game, there's all sorts of free stuff involved! There's nothing quite like a makeover!

Yup, only FDNY firefighters need to apply. They are the only "heroic" ones out there.

Don't forget, Mr. Casting Director, the fire service comes in all shapes and sizes. From the volunteers, to the career staff, to the ones with 1 year experience, to the ones with 30 years experience. It's not just the FDNY. All "firefighters" are "heroic", and have done something heroic in one form or another.

If you want to "give back", start by giving money to needy departments so they can get what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber Engine5FF's Avatar

But seriously....
    you should contact the FDNY for this, not us.
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Never mind George, his is very negative in all his postings and seems bitter about something.

It also seems interesting that the FDNY was the target FD...could it be that the Queer guys are from NY...LOL, that sounds wrong...could it be that the show is based in NY?

I have never seen this show and I dont know what its about beyond the Queer guys doing some "improvement" for the straight guy...

But I would imagine tha the ribbing a FF would get after being on it would be incredible!!!

Why dont you try some poe dunk read neck volunteer fire fighter/trailer trash wacker with a scanner/radio/blue light POV?

That would be funny as hell.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SamsonFCDES
    Never mind George, his is very negative in all his postings and seems bitter about something.

It also seems interesting that the FDNY was the target FD...could it be that the Queer guys are from NY...LOL, that sounds wrong...could it be that the show is based in NY?

I have never seen this show and I dont know what its about beyond the Queer guys doing some "improvement" for the straight guy...

But I would imagine tha the ribbing a FF would get after being on it would be incredible!!!

Why dont you try some poe dunk read neck volunteer fire fighter/trailer trash wacker with a scanner/radio/blue light POV?

That would be funny as hell.
    Actually, I'm not negative about everything.

I would have to agree about the redneck whacker. It would be hysterical.

Where would they find an Armani pager case?

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Yep.............I can just see some old crusty veteran of FDNY jumping at this...............Good luck.

I bet if we looked hard enough on the forums someone would fill the slot.

I know of one from Ohio...........Mini-me are you out there!

(OK........that was a cheap shot!)
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

Sounds like one of the members from here who is in the Louisiana area. Not going to name any names, but you all know to whom i am referring.

I think he would be a perfect person to put on that show!
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Actually, I was thinking about the ORIGINAL Mini-Me hater on here........ He tried out for the Bachelor (or one of those shows).......... Bou where are you????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Originally posted by Firefighter1219

Sounds like one of the members from here who is in the Louisiana area. Not going to name any names, but you all know to whom i am referring.

I think he would be a perfect person to put on that show!
    I was thinking that, but dared not to say it.

I new '77 could take a joke..........
    Chief
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

In Memory of:
    1946-2005

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Yes. Since they film the show there it's natural they would be looking for FDNY and not from some other department.
    I'm a major QE fan. Been watching it since it began. Tuesday evenings, if we aren't out running a call you can bet I'll have the TV at the station on the Bravo channel. In case we are out on a call I have the VCR at home programmed to tape it and I can catch up on what I miss later. Then I also like to watch the Showtime series "The L Word" and "Queer as Folk" when working nights at the station. So I usually begin the night with the taped episode of QE from eariler in the week and then put the TV on Showtime to watch the other shows. Strangely, many of the volunteers who used to hang around the station stopped coming up there on the nights I work. Go figure.
    Anyway, Queer Eye rocks and if I lived in New York I'd be givng them a call for sure.
    I'm already a total clothes horse who enjoys spending money on sport coats, blazers and dress clothes. A day shoppng with Carsen would rule. Carsen could go through my closet tossing out any shirt he finds with the words 'Fire Department' on it and then getting me into some more nice suits.
    Kyan would be like, "Dude, you are way too fat. We are starting you on a diet and exercise regimine that you can stick to like the plaque on the walls of your coronary arteries." Then he'd get someone to color my hair so I wouldn't have so much gray showing all the time. And I could really go for one of those spray on tans so I'm not so fish belly white.
    Ted would be in my kitchen going through all my stuff and making comments like, "All I've found so far have been TV dinners and frozen pizzias in your fridge. Do you ever cook? I mean besides microwaving a TV dinner."
    Jai would be like, "You never go out and when you aren't at work you are at home with your lady and listening to your scanners and ham radios. When you do go out the only place you go is out to eat or to gun shows and the firing range? Maybe I can think of something better to do that you and your girlfriend would enjoy. Would you like that?" Then I'd insist he go with me to a firing range and I'd watch as he emptied some 30rd mags through one of my AR-15s and a few mags of 9mm through my pistols. "Come on, Jai, tighten that wrist."
    And Thom. What can you say about his designs? They are fabulous. I can watch a entire season of Trading Spaces and never see a room come out as good as any he's done for QE. Thom would ask "So how do you see this room?" and I'd be like, "Dude, whatever you do is gonna be terriffic so I'm not even gonna tell you a thing. I'll be back after I shop with Carsen, get my hair done with Kyan and show Jai how fun blasting holes in paper targets can be. When I walk back through my door I know I won't be disappointed."
    Yep. Being on QE would be wonderful.
    Sadly, I don't live in NYC.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

WTF!

OK, we need a write-in campaign to get Cellblock on the Queer Eye show. That would be too friggin' funny!

I would never have guessed.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Yea cellblock, get in touch with me. email me at casting@thequeereye.com
    And yes, you are correct. I wish we could go to another place to do a firefighter but sadly we are based in NYC and the surrounding area. Don't any of you know a deserving hero in this area?

OMG,
    Goodluck Cellblock
    Chief
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

In Memory of:
    1946-2005

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

That would be a fun day. I'd sign up each of the guys for membership in the Pink Pistols http://www.pinkpistols.org/ and we would have a blast. Militia style.
    "Hey Jai. Didn't Ted mention he wanted to prepare fish for dinner?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Time to go fishing. I hope Ted likes bass.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber PFD109NFD107's Avatar

Cellblock kind of looks like Pvt Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence in Full Metal Jacket......

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Originally posted by PFD109NFD107
    Cellblock kind of looks like Pvt Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence in Full Metal Jacket......
    "This is my Rifle, This is my Gun...

This ones for Fishing, This ones for fun!"

Boy, somebodies living up to the Crazy American steroetype today.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information