Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

Default Ebay Fraud to Report

POST REMOVED
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why would you buy a SCBA from an unknown source over the Internet? I think your signature says it all:

-Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

POST REMOVED
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Administrator

Posts removed.

If you have a problem on EBay, report it to EBAY!

Posting someone's name, financial details of transactions, etc. has no place here and doesn't need to be discussed in the forums.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

Reason 1: Because I cant aford to buy a 4500$ SCBA from a known source.

Does your FD not have any SCBA? If they do, how does your personal airpack fit into your FD's OSHA-compliant written Respiratory Protection Program?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SamsonFCDES

I work with 3 FDs as the county fire warden and disaster and emergency service coordinator.

They all have SCBAs in various conditions. Out of a total of 45 or so SCBAs for all 3 FDs only 12 of them are up to current standards thanks to 03 FEMA money. Money is very scarce at all 3 departments.

I respond to all incidents for all of the FDs and I often get my hands dirty given that each VFD has its officer cadre. I prefer to let the IC remain the IC so I can get some action.

I have in the past had to borrow SCBAs from the responding department. That shorts them one pack.

My budget is minisule.

I was purchasing this pack with my personal funds so as to protect my friggin lungs and as to not deprive another FF on scene of protection for his friggin lungs.

I tried using the OSHA compliant respitory protection plan as a filter so I dont have to eat smoke...big suprise, it didnt work.

I would sooner have a POS SCBA then no SCBA.

Instead I have been ripped off by a fellow "brother" and I still dont have an SCBA to use without shorting the responding apparatus of 1.

Oh, and I am also out 225$ bucks which is the last of my worries, I would sooner have air.
    A $4500 piece of lifesaving equipment for $255?

Never mind. Your post speaks volumes.

Originally posted by webteam
    Posts removed.

If you have a problem on EBay, report it to EBAY!

Posting someone's name, financial details of transactions, etc. has no place here and doesn't need to be discussed in the forums.

Thanks
    WebTeam
    It has been reported to ebay.

There have been numerous similar threads before reporting stolen or rip offs.

As a community of peers I would have hoped for a level of support and cooperation.

There are also possibilities such as:

- SCBA was stolen from the sellers FD and sold on Ebay.
    - Seller has decided to target the fire service with fraud
    - Stolen equipment from various sources is being sold on ebay.

IMO these are all excellent reasons to discuss this issue on the forum.

If the Seller is a crook then the rest of the fire service world should be warned and action should be taken to put a stop to the crime.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Reason 1: Because I cant aford to buy a 4500$ SCBA from a known source.

Does your FD not have any SCBA? If they do, how does your personal airpack fit into your FD's OSHA-compliant written Respiratory Protection Program?
    I work with 3 FDs as the county fire warden and disaster and emergency service coordinator.

They all have SCBAs in various conditions. Out of a total of 45 or so SCBAs for all 3 FDs only 12 of them are up to current standards thanks to 03 FEMA money. Money is very scarce at all 3 departments.

I respond to all incidents for all of the FDs and I often get my hands dirty given that each VFD has its officer cadre. I prefer to let the IC remain the IC so I can get some action.

I have in the past had to borrow SCBAs from the responding department. That shorts them one pack.

My budget is minisule.

I was purchasing this pack with my personal funds so as to protect my friggin lungs and as to not deprive another FF on scene of protection for his friggin lungs.

I tried using the OSHA compliant respitory protection plan as a filter so I dont have to eat smoke...big suprise, it didnt work.

I would sooner have a POS SCBA then no SCBA.

Instead I have been ripped off by a fellow "brother" and I still dont have an SCBA to use without shorting the responding apparatus of 1.

Oh, and I am also out 225$ bucks which is the last of my worries, I would sooner have air.

A $4500 piece of lifesaving equipment for $255?

Never mind. Your post speaks volumes.
    Such is the hope of all ebayers...

A bargin.

Please forgive us less fortunate fire fighters oh high and mighty Goeorge, not all of us have the 4500$ it takes to buy the much needed and necessary "lifesaving" equipment.

Some of us have to make due with 255$ dollar SCBAs that are damn dangerous to use.

Never mind. Your post also speaks volumes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SamsonFCDES

Such is the hope of all ebayers...

A bargin.

Please forgive us less fortunate fire fighters oh high and mighty Goeorge, not all of us have the 4500$ it takes to buy the much needed and necessary "lifesaving" equipment.

Some of us have to make due with 255$ dollar SCBAs that are damn dangerous to use.

Never mind. Your post also speaks volumes.
    Actually, if you could get out of your "It's all about me" mode for a minute and consider the fact that I was refering to the apparent apathy on the part of the public you serve and the commitment that they have to providing their fire service with proper equipment.

Actually, if you could get out of your "It's all about me" mode for a minute and consider the fact that I was refering to the apparent apathy on the part of the public you serve and the commitment that they have to providing their fire service with proper equipment.
    Oh.

I agree that we could do with more funding from the locals.

Administrator

If the Seller is a crook then the rest of the fire service world should be warned and action should be taken to put a stop to the crime
    THE FORUMS ARE NOT HERE TO REPORT CRIMES. No person has been charged with a crime, no proof a crime or illegal act has taken place, and there is no cause to post someone's name, workplace, shift, etc. here because you believe they have done something negative.

Discussing things in general is fine. Bringing names and accusations onto this forum is what will not happen.

Your own post says it. "IF". We're sorry you may have lost money, but this is not the place to blacklist the person you think did.

Thank you
    WebTeam

Some firefighters use tools and some are......

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Wow; when I saw the topic of the thread, I immediately thought of...well, you know.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Originally posted by ChiefReason
    Wow; when I saw the topic of the thread, I immediately thought of...well, you know.
    CR
    Ouch...........that hurt............
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Originally posted by ChiefReason
    CR
    You weren't the only one
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

I thought I was going to get to read more from the journal of good ole July36........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

You're all sick, sick, people.

(and yes I anxiously clicked hoping for a new thread about her LOL)
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

What the hell are you guys talking about???

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Samson...

It is unfortunate that you got ripped off on e-bay. The ease of that being done is why I don't buy anything off from e-bay myself.

I have to wonder though, a few months ago when you were looking for SCBA a few people came on here and told you where to buy inexpensive SCBA and you totally ignored them and chose this route instead. Hell, even I offered current test Scott 2.2's for less than you were ripped off for from my volly FD.

I guess the final word is when dealing with people you don't know is this...If it seems to good to be true...it is.

I also have to wonder why your governmental agency refuses to supply you with proper safety equipment. And don't give me they can't afford it line of crap. Can they afford several hundred thousands of dollars of medical bills? Or the multimillion dollar wrongful death lawsuit? I would seriously question 2 things if I were you 1) There dedication to the position you hold 2) There loyalty to you in that position.

I have another question too, what exactly is your job at a fire scene? Is it support of the local agency as a higher ranking official? Or is it just to be another pair of hands on the hoseline? If your job is logistical support, do your own job instead of "getting in on the action". Maybe the reason they won't buy you the gear you want is that what you are doing isn't in YOUR job description and what you are doing is freelancing outside you authority.

FyredUp

Thread Information