MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reasons to be glad Clinton doesn't have his finger on the button anymore

Pentagon reveals rejected chemical weapons
    15 January 2005
    From New Scientist Print Edition.

THE Pentagon considered developing a host of non-lethal chemical weapons that would disrupt discipline and morale among enemy troops, newly declassified documents reveal.

Most bizarre among the plans was one for the development of an "aphrodisiac" chemical weapon that would make enemy soldiers sexually irresistible to each other. Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

Other ideas included chemical weapons that attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats to troop positions, making them uninhabitable. Another was to develop a chemical that caused "severe and lasting halitosis", making it easy to identify guerrillas trying to blend in with civilians. There was also the idea of making troops' skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight.

The proposals, from the US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, date from 1994. The lab sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals". The plans have been posted online by the Sunshine Project, an organisation that exposes research into chemical and biological weapons.

Spokesman Edward Hammond says it was not known if the proposed $7.5 million, six-year research plan was ever pursued.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

...although plans were well underway for a Low Self-Esteem Inducing Missile, the Depression bomb and the formidable Angst Cannon.....

Sheesh...Is this what passes for national defense to the liberals? Gee, maybe we didn't need all that icky violence in WWII...If we could have just made those poor, misunderstood Nazis (who really weren't at fault, no, they just didn't get enough nurturing as children, the poor little kinder )just a little uncomfortable , adversely affected their personal hygiene, well, I'm sure they would have just dropped their little gun thingies and given up without so much as anyone breaking a nail. Then we could have all sat down over mocha lattes and shared our feelings and straightened out the whole unfortunate misunderstanding.

OK, removing tongue from cheek now.........
    Last edited by dmleblanc; 01-14-2005 at 12:57 AM.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Poor Cliff. So jealous of his hero Bill Clinton.

Such conflicted behavior. I sort of feel sorry for the guy.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Fine. We won't gross them out, stink them up, or incite them to buggery. We'll just keep shooting them.

Reminds me of the humane society worker who told us they couldn't take our unwanted dog for adoption--"We don't take dogs that belong to somebody." Fine. We'll just shoot it. (Chill, we didn't.)
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

IACOJ BOD

Overheard from the foxhole.

"OOOH Darlink, that is just the most georgeous shading of green and brown, is that the new winter colours. It is just luverly."

Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Most bizarre among the plans was one for the development of an "aphrodisiac" chemical weapon that would make enemy soldiers sexually irresistible to each other. Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.
    Queer Eye for the Enemy Soldier Guy?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

This gives whole new meaning to the word "gaydar" doesn't it

How do you keep a straight face (no pun intended) when you ask for a few million dollars to make the enemy turn gay?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information