Default Vendor incentives/adits

Does fema care what the price of the equipment is that you purchase as long as the quantities are what you requested and is at or below the cost listed in your application? what do they look for when they audit your grant? is anyone getting any vendor incentives such as additional equipment?

District Chief

We did not get anty extra equipment from the vendor and we spent $70K + on SCBA.

What they did do was tell us in our grant that we could not spend more than XXX on our thermal imager. They capped it @ $12000. But we received a verification that we could use our portion of the matching funds however we wanted. The key was that once we were done with the federal allotment we have to have completly acquired everything listed in our program.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

As long as you meet the goals of your narrative, you'll be fine. Take a look at your award package, they have detailed rules as what you can and cannot do with extra $$ if you have any. Basically, you can spend (depends on amount you were awarded) extra money on items in the same program activity for which you recieved the grant. For us, some of our items came in higher than what we were bid when we wrote the grant (we decided on a little more expensive scba) than what we had originally planned for.....other things came in a little less expensive (we also changed the brand of turnout gear). In the end, we have about $4000 out of $101,000 left over. We are going to use that to buy some extra air cylinders.

Thread Information