Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Any Maumee or Toledo F.F. that could help me?

I am moving to Maumee, OH the end of the summer. I am a fire fighter from a small department in MI. What do I have to do to get onto the Maumee fire department? Are there anyone on here from the west side of Toledo?

There are a few of us on here from the area, none specifically from Maumee, though.......

This is their website.

Here is contact info:

Contact Us:
    All emergencies: 911

Fire Station No. 1
    202 E. William Street, Maumee, OH 43537-3352
    PH: 419-897-7057 FAX: 419-897-7054

Fire Station No. 2
    450 W. Dussel Drive, Maumee, OH 43537-1628
    PH: 419-897-7055 FAX: 419-897-7195

firechief@maumee.org
    fireprevention@maumee.org
    firefighting@maumee.org
    ems@maumee.org
    I would try to call them and see what they say.

I'm not sure what their exact requirements are. If you have some certifications, I would contact the State of Ohio to see if there is some reciprocity between OH and Michigan.

Are you set on living in Maumee? There are some other FDs in the general area that are also volunteer like Monclova, Whitehouse, Waterville, Perrysburg, Perrysburg Twp., Rossford, Northwood.

They are all in the same general area.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

You also may want to post this in the Ohio Forums on here.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I stated my message on the Ohio forum, hopefully I can get in contact with a f.f. down there.

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by CBFDfirechic15
    Thanks for the info. I stated my message on the Ohio forum, hopefully I can get in contact with a f.f. down there.
    Good luck, but like I said, I don't believe we have anyone from Maumee on here. There are some of us from Northwood, Rossford, Perrysburg, Springfield Twp & Washington Twp (both Lucas County) that are all within 10 minutes or less from Maumee, but that's about it. I think calling/emailing them will be your best bet.
    IACOJ

What department are you on? And how many calls does your department handle a year then?

I am right next door to '77 ...... www.rossfordfire.com I will let '77 'splain his dept.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

What department are you on? And how many calls does your department handle a year then?
    I'm with the Northwood Fire Department at www.northwoodfire.com

We were down in our run numbers this year, but we did roughly 860 runs, I believe.
    IACOJ

Now, on your department, do you have to have emt training, cause where I am from, emt training is only a bonus.

Now, on your department, do you have to have emt training, cause where I am from, emt training is only a bonus.
    Most places around here will require you to get your EMT. Some won't even hire you until you have it.

At ours, you need to have fire training within the first year and EMT by the end of your 2nd year.......
    IACOJ

we also require you to have it (EMT training).......need to have that and basic FF done within one year of appointment. Also probation lasts for 1 year as well.
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

MembersZone Subscriber

CBFD, check out my reply in the Ohio forum.

My department requires you to get your Volunteer FF & EMT-B within your 16 months probation. I believe most every department in Lucas and northern Wood Counties are the same.

Our neighbors to the North at Morin Point FD only require First Responder.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Moe, would that make her over qualified ?
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

I am on a department that is next to Maumee and they require that you already have an EMTB or highter before you get onto their department. They are a busy department, and a good dept to work for.... Good Luck

Originally posted by Mtfd72
    I am on a department that is next to Maumee and they require that you already have an EMTB or highter before you get onto their department. They are a busy department, and a good dept to work for.... Good Luck
    AHA!!!! Another one of the NOBz hiding in the cracks!!! Glad to have you here on the forums. Come on over to the Ohio forums on here and introduce yourself. And invite some of the other Monclovians over!
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Went to school with a guy who works for Maumee FD. I will try to email him this week and get the info for you. Will keep you posted.

Thanks ya'll for your information. I am looking forward to moving down there. I have to find out if my previous training will still apply down there. I know the training is basically the same, but the laws aren't. Thanks again

Thread Information