MembersZone Subscriber

Default (Indianapolis) Pike Township/ Fishers Hiring

FIREFIGHTER / EMT FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC

The Pike Township Fire Department of Marion County is opening its Selection Process to establish an eligibility list for employment as firefighter/EMT or firefighter/paramedic.

To earn a position on our eligibility list, you must enter the Selection Process by obtaining an application packet from the PTFD Headquarters at 4881 W. 71st St. , between the hours of 9am 4pm, weekdays, January 18th, through February 9th, 2005.

Applications must be returned by 4 p.m. February 9th, 2005. Testing will occur over the next several months. Questions - (317) 347-5860.

The Fishers Fire Department is accepting applications for Career Firefighter/EMT.
    No experience necessary. Must be between the ages of 21-35 by the date of hire.
    Applications will be available January 18th thru January 21st from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m. at Fishers Fire headquarters, 2 Municipal Drive, Fishers. Applications must be picked up and signed for in person.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just picked up an application for fishers. Man that thing is like a book. The only thing that they don't ask for is how many times I go pee in a day. Good Luck to all who are trying for the list.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hear ya. That Fishers app. is crazy. Its going to take me a week to figure out how to fill it out. Also how about the mug shots at the end. Good luck man.

Forum Member

Just thought I'd share these:

http://www.fishers.in.us/fire/
    http://www.piketwp.com/webpikefire/index.cfm

Don't think I could ever get used to yellow fire trucks!

Forum Member

Good luck with that five year contract in Fishers as well. I understand why they are doing that but I don't think it's the best way to accomplish it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by shznyt
    Don't think I could ever get used to yellow fire trucks! [/B]
    Whats wrong with yellow trucks? See thats where the miss conception is cause they are actually Red Trucks with Big Yellow Stripes on em .
    Lawrence Township/CVFD is the same color, although we are slowly phasing out the Red Trucks with they Yellow Stripes.
    Have any of ya'all go a chance to see the New Eng 331 yet? its a pretty sharp truck.
    IACOJ Rookie
    IVFA

MembersZone Subscriber

does fishers use the cpat for the phys. agility portion of the process?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by bepff87
    does fishers use the cpat for the phys. agility portion of the process?
    No, Fishers uses a modified version of the Combat Challenge, as well as some other stations (situps, pushups, etc) for the physical agility. I was in their process in 2000 and 2001, and to the best of my knowledge they have not changed their test, so if you have any questions, let me know.

MembersZone Subscriber

do they use your time on the course and number of sit-ups/push-ups completed as a portion of your overall ranking?

MembersZone Subscriber

As I recall the setup (and it may be slightly different by now, I don't know) is that there are 200 points possible - 100 from the combat challenge, and 100 from the other 6? stations total. The combat challenge they have a table that converts your time into points out of 100. The other stations (situps, pushups, flexability, standing vertical leap, and I can't remember the others) have a point value for each station that adds to 100.

The combat challenge is modified - instead of the stair climb with hose at the beginning, you climb the 100' ladder at a 70 degree angle, then have a 2 minute break, then complete the course.

MembersZone Subscriber

Fishers list should be out this week. Good luck to all who applied. I know that I personally really want one of those spots. I can almost taste it. It will be a nerve wracking week.

Forum Member

Hey everyone, im a student at HSE High school in Fishers. Im taking a firefighting class at J Everett Light Career Center next year in Indianapolis which is ran through the Washington Township Fire Department and it will certify me for Fire Fighter 1 and 2, I guess i should get into better shape for the class and stuff, good luck all into getting into Fishers or other stations you want into

MembersZone Subscriber

Fishers did use the modified Combat Challenge with the last hire list. I was on the list but turned down the position with the last group to the academy. The fitness test consisted of sit ups in 60 sec. push ups in 60 sec. walking a straight line blind folded, stand and jump, crawling in a dark tunnel and I think sit and reach. Last comes climbing the ladder and the timed challenge part consisting of swinging a sledgehammer, walking around the cones, charged hose drag and then body carry. The written test was about average with most other departments. There are 2 interviews, one is the fire chief and the other with a board consisting of firefighters.

Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

This year they chose to go with the cpat. their list should be public tomorrow. good luck everyone.

Thread Information