Forum Member

Default Toledo Fatal Fire

Toledo had a double fatal fire last night on the East side..... Here's one article......

East Toledo House Fire Kills Two People
    Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

(Toledo, Ohio) -- The Toledo Fire Department says two people have died in a house fire in the 1000 block of Hanson Street in East Toledo.

Battalion Chief Phil Cervantes says an arson investigator believes a space heater caused the fire at the two-story home, but that's not completely conclusive.

The identities of the victims haven't been released.

Cervantes says firefighters got the call just before midnight. They removed one body early Sunday morning, but had to knock down the remaining walls and roof before getting the other body out later in the day.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Last edited by firenresq77; 01-16-2005 at 04:13 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Here's another........

Deadly East Side Fire
    Two men died in a blaze Sunday morning in East Toledo.
    By 10:30 this morning, family members waited inside the warmth of a TARTA bus, while emergency personnel pulled yet another body from the burned house.

"Matter of fact, I just drove by and I just seen the smoke when I cam down here. I was dropping somebody off from work and came here. It was already blazing. It was already on fire," said Joe Hampton, whose uncles died in the fire.

Two others who survived the fire remain in area hospitals this afternoon. Fire Investigators say the fire started from a space heater which caught a bed on fire.

Firefighters warn to make sure there are working smoke detectors in every home.
    Last edited by firenresq77; 01-16-2005 at 04:13 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

"Cuhhhmand ok".........the open mic was also a good one ....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Another story......... from www.wtol.com

TOLEDO -- Two people died in a house fire late Saturday night. It happened at 1031 Hanson Street in East Toledo. "It's a call you don't want to get at two in the morning," said relative Doug Hampton.

68-year-old John Mays and 44-year-old Theodore Mays died. They were on the second floor of the home.

86-year-old Helen Mays survived. She was pulled out of the fire by two patrons at a nearby bar. The family says Helen suffered second and third degree burns on her back.

"Thank God that the people in the bar pulled my grandmother out," said Hampton.

The fire department says a space heater likely started the blaze.

Posted 6:15p.m., Sunday, January 16, 2005 by jcook
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

It sounded on the radio like Squad 1 rescued that woman....201, copy the open mike...Ooops
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Thread Information