Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh My!

MembersZone Subscriber bolivas203's Avatar
    Stay alert and be safe.

Forum Member

Default win will people learn

you cant start fires with gasaline! In my training fires I use NO flambable luquids at all! only feed sacks (triple ply) and pallets. you will get roll over quicker than you can say "put on your air packs"

if you must use a fuel, use diesel or karsine that does not release fumes (at room temp anyway)

Lightbulb Re: win will people learn

Originally posted by fireflymedic
    you cant start fires with gasaline! In my training fires I use NO flambable luquids at all! only feed sacks (triple ply) and pallets. you will get roll over quicker than you can say "put on your air packs"

if you must use a fuel, use diesel or karsine that does not release fumes (at room temp anyway)

I think that I would see about getting spell check on my computer, if I were you fireflymedic. It sure would make your posts look better and we would be able to understand them as well.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

One of the first pointers i picked up in my 6 months in the department was definitly to use Kerosene at drills. (I don't start the fires/plan drills but members made it a point to tell me that it wasn't gasoline just becuase it's too dangerous).

I'm glad he seemed to be okay. That could have ended up much worse for him.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by adamkhalil
    One of the first pointers i picked up in my 6 months in the department was definitly to use Kerosene at drills. (I don't start the fires/plan drills but members made it a point to tell me that it wasn't gasoline just becuase it's too dangerous).

I'm glad he seemed to be okay. That could have ended up much worse for him.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE THEY BEEN TEACHING YOU! YOU DO NOT USE FLAMMABLE OR COMBUSTIBLE LIQUIDS FOR "DRILLS". IT IS DANGEROUS! I HOPE YOU WILL TELL YOUR TRAINING OFFICE OR CHIEF TO COME ON HERE AND GET SET STRAIGHT. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Most Reposted video clip in the history of firefighting BB's Batman!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

NFPA 1403 Standard on Live Fire Training.

Free on the web.

Chapter 4, Aquired Structures.

4.3.6 Flammable or combustible liquids, as defined in NFPA 30, Flammable or Combustible Liquids Code, shall not be used in live fire training evolutions in aquired structures.

Chapter 6, Non-Gas Fired Training Center Buildings

6.3.6 Flammable or combustible liquids, as defined in NFPA 30, Flammable or Combustible Liquids Code, shall not be used in live fire training evolutions in structures.

Gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, are all listed as flammabile or cobustible liquids. Anybody using these is a Lairdsville waiting to happen.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

i think thats fake, look at how his body is blown wayyyyyy off the boat, and then hes seen jumping into the water later on? not to mention someone getting blown up that much prob. wouldnt survive very well.

Originally posted by Maverick9110E
    i think thats fake, look at how his body is blown wayyyyyy off the boat, and then hes seen jumping into the water later on? not to mention someone getting blown up that much prob. wouldnt survive very well.
    It is real, he survived, and it is a few years old.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information