MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Attacks on Fire Crews stoop to 'New low'

A fire crew has been attacked in west Belfast.
    The firefighters were called out to Colin Glen Forest Park following a phone call late on Sunday night.

When they arrived they were threatened by about 40 youths and pelted with bottles and stones. The teenagers then urinated over the appliance.

A fire service statement described the incident as a "new low" in how firefighters were treated by some in the community.

The attack was condemned by local Sinn Fein MLA Michael Ferguson.

"I am thankful that none of the firemen were injured and I am particularly saddened by the offence caused to the dignity of the men concerned," he said.

He said that open air drinkers who used the park were behind the incident.

Mr Ferguson said they had "fallen into an appalling human state".

BBC News Link

Another Great day Firefighting in the UK!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Why werent all 40 of those people arrested and charged with assaulting an officer or something of that nature?

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing wrong with that group that well placed extendable batons, oc spray, and tazers wouldn't cure in a hurry!

Forum Member

It seems to be a growing mentality for kids in Britain to take this attitude.
    Kent - Pretty sure bobbies (police) carry clubs - and thats it. No tazers

IACOJ BOD

Just let the Sinn Fein take care of them.

If they are lucky they will get away with one kneecap left.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHAHA...Am I the only one that finds it funny as hell that the Sinn Fein denounced the actions of these drunken clowns? It is sad that firefighters have become targets for this type of violence but the fact that The Sinn Fein stepped up to say something made me spit pepsi all over my keyboard.

Rigin

Forum Member

A hoseline with a smooth bore nozzle works wonders until the members of the local constabulary arrive on scene...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dave404
    It seems to be a growing mentality for kids in Britain to take this attitude.
    Kent - Pretty sure bobbies (police) carry clubs - and thats it. No tazers
    Therein lies the heart of the problem. The bobbies need to be better armed!

MembersZone Subscriber

If they are being physically threatened<40 people doing stuff like that is> then I am sure the truck is stronger and faster than them.

David Larson

Forum Member

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    A hoseline with a smooth bore nozzle works wonders until the members of the local constabulary arrive on scene...
    cap, I was thinking exactly the same thing....
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd go straight for the deck gun. 1000gpm at 150 PSI into the crowd of punks and watch them fly.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

might be time to see if the deck gun remote control box works from inside the cab.

Sorry to hear that Brothers have to be subjected to this sort of treatment.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Forum Member

Originally posted by mcaldwell
    I'd go straight for the deck gun. 1000gpm at 150 PSI into the crowd of punks and watch them fly.
    You would dump the tank too quickly. A handline gives you more time off of tank water, a smoothbore @ 50 psi uses less rpms, so it does not warn the little pukes of what is going to happen!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Big Line

Hell with hand lines.. Find a plug.. DECK GUN.. WEE WEE on that....
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

You would dump the tank too quickly. A handline gives you more time off of tank water, a smoothbore @ 50 psi uses less rpms, so it does not warn the little pukes of what is going to happen!
    Hee Hee!

Now see, that's why he's our fearless leader. Thinking strategically instead of just getting a bigger hammer.

Although I definitely won't count out the bigger hammer. You always need a "B" plan.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

The Police do have a little more in their armoury than the old wooden truncheons.. They all have extendable batons, Pepper spray (Tazers are on trial) and surprisingly there are now a good percentage of the Police armed...So much gun crime they have little choice. especially in the big Cities. Therer are always a few 'Gun Cars on duty in each area... The Police are just too busy.

AS for 'having a go back' this in the UK is a No GO...they can do what ever they want to us, but we dare not retaliate... Firefighters are thinking... I can handle a bit of abuse, but I cannot handle losing my job or my pension...

Like I have said in previous threads...

1.Too many crimes to few Police to help out. When there are fights, stabbings, shootings and robberies going on, a Firecrew being ambushed is not high on the list unless we are really in trouble.

2.A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders. (Thus the Fire Crew dare not retaliate).. BELIEVE ME their feet would not touch the ground. The papers are full of stories of people getting jailed for beating a burglar caught breaking into their home, Guys jailed for hitting a kid who tried to rob his elderly Mother...there is no natural justice, it makes me PUKE!!!

3.European Human Rights act... $%&**$ Europe...they get the best of us, all we get in return is their Sh1t!!!!

My usual retort at this point... Why do you think 54% of the UK Population want ot emigrate!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Forum Member

I'm thinking that whilst they are tinkling on my appliance that perhaps a Tazer to the "teapot" would be fun to watch.The results would be hilarious, after all salt water does conduct electricity. Nothing like a little "attitude adjuster". T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SteveDude
    The Police do have a little more in their armoury than the old wooden truncheons.. They all have extendable batons, Pepper spray (Tazers are on trial) and surprisingly there are now a good percentage of the Police armed...So much gun crime they have little choice. especially in the big Cities. Therer are always a few 'Gun Cars on duty in each area... The Police are just too busy.

AS for 'having a go back' this in the UK is a No GO...they can do what ever they want to us, but we dare not retaliate... Firefighters are thinking... I can handle a bit of abuse, but I cannot handle losing my job or my pension...

Like I have said in previous threads...

1.Too many crimes to few Police to help out. When there are fights, stabbings, shootings and robberies going on, a Firecrew being ambushed is not high on the list unless we are really in trouble.

2.A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders. (Thus the Fire Crew dare not retaliate).. BELIEVE ME their feet would not touch the ground. The papers are full of stories of people getting jailed for beating a burglar caught breaking into their home, Guys jailed for hitting a kid who tried to rob his elderly Mother...there is no natural justice, it makes me PUKE!!!

3.European Human Rights act... $%&**$ Europe...they get the best of us, all we get in return is their Sh1t!!!!

My usual retort at this point... Why do you think 54% of the UK Population want ot emigrate!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Steve,

Is this the result of Great Britain joining the European Union? I mean, I thought criminal coddling was bad here, but it sounds as if you folks over there have your hands tied behind your backs. Are certain countries or politicians behind this craziness?

Brenda

MembersZone Subscriber

Before you pee on my rig you will met my haligan bar.
    B Holmes

MembersZone Subscriber

Kent,
    The EU has to take the blame for all of this Heavy Human Rights BS... fine, but what about the Human Rights of the victims??

I'm afraid we are seeing the results of decades of left wing policies that have eroded the powers of the Police, family values, respect etc...

I am a good Labour man, beleving in the rights of the working man, but this crazy liberal stuff is really bringing the country to its knees...quite literally.

You know what, I can't talk about it anymore...it really depresses me.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Forum Member

A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders.
    Same things here Steve. Its sick

Dave
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by SteveDude

I am a good Labour man, beleving in the rights of the working man, but this crazy liberal stuff is really bringing the country to its knees...quite literally.

You know what, I can't talk about it anymore...it really depresses me.

Any country that has stood by us like Great Britain has since 9/11 can't possibly be all bad.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

Wink

They may make find firemen someday.

1.Drinking.(self-explanatory)

2.****ing on or near the fireground.(Hose handling)

3.Throwing stones and cans.(Remember those alarms that interrupted dinner.)
    Last edited by coldfront; 01-19-2005 at 12:27 AM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote:

Any country that has stood by us like Great Britain has since 9/11 can't possibly be all bad.

Its not the country that is bad, nor is it the vast majority of the population, of all colors, races and creeds who are good and law abiding citizens. Like this country, the UK has given in to the small minority who cause all the problems and want everybody to do things their way.

Thread Information