1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Angry Attacks on Fire Crews stoop to 'New low'

    A fire crew has been attacked in west Belfast.
    The firefighters were called out to Colin Glen Forest Park following a phone call late on Sunday night.

    When they arrived they were threatened by about 40 youths and pelted with bottles and stones. The teenagers then urinated over the appliance.

    A fire service statement described the incident as a "new low" in how firefighters were treated by some in the community.

    The attack was condemned by local Sinn Fein MLA Michael Ferguson.

    "I am thankful that none of the firemen were injured and I am particularly saddened by the offence caused to the dignity of the men concerned," he said.

    He said that open air drinkers who used the park were behind the incident.

    Mr Ferguson said they had "fallen into an appalling human state".

    BBC News Link

    Another Great day Firefighting in the UK!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Why werent all 40 of those people arrested and charged with assaulting an officer or something of that nature?

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Nothing wrong with that group that well placed extendable batons, oc spray, and tazers wouldn't cure in a hurry!

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    710

    Default

    It seems to be a growing mentality for kids in Britain to take this attitude.
    Kent - Pretty sure bobbies (police) carry clubs - and thats it. No tazers

  5. #5
    IACOJ BOD
    FlyingKiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Just let the Sinn Fein take care of them.

    If they are lucky they will get away with one kneecap left.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    114

    Default

    HAHAHA...Am I the only one that finds it funny as hell that the Sinn Fein denounced the actions of these drunken clowns? It is sad that firefighters have become targets for this type of violence but the fact that The Sinn Fein stepped up to say something made me spit pepsi all over my keyboard.

    Rigin

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    A hoseline with a smooth bore nozzle works wonders until the members of the local constabulary arrive on scene...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Originally posted by Dave404
    It seems to be a growing mentality for kids in Britain to take this attitude.
    Kent - Pretty sure bobbies (police) carry clubs - and thats it. No tazers
    Therein lies the heart of the problem. The bobbies need to be better armed!

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    61

    Default

    If they are being physically threatened<40 people doing stuff like that is> then I am sure the truck is stronger and faster than them.

    David Larson

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    HeavyRescueTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    A hoseline with a smooth bore nozzle works wonders until the members of the local constabulary arrive on scene...
    cap, I was thinking exactly the same thing....
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

    FF/EMT/DBP

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mcaldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Panorama, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    I'd go straight for the deck gun. 1000gpm at 150 PSI into the crowd of punks and watch them fly.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

    IACOJ

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    868

    Default

    might be time to see if the deck gun remote control box works from inside the cab.

    Sorry to hear that Brothers have to be subjected to this sort of treatment.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

    ...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Originally posted by mcaldwell
    I'd go straight for the deck gun. 1000gpm at 150 PSI into the crowd of punks and watch them fly.
    You would dump the tank too quickly. A handline gives you more time off of tank water, a smoothbore @ 50 psi uses less rpms, so it does not warn the little pukes of what is going to happen!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  14. #14
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Crisb1419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    East of the Arch
    Posts
    251

    Default Big Line

    Hell with hand lines.. Find a plug.. DECK GUN.. WEE WEE on that....
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mcaldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Panorama, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo


    You would dump the tank too quickly. A handline gives you more time off of tank water, a smoothbore @ 50 psi uses less rpms, so it does not warn the little pukes of what is going to happen!
    Hee Hee!

    Now see, that's why he's our fearless leader. Thinking strategically instead of just getting a bigger hammer.

    Although I definitely won't count out the bigger hammer. You always need a "B" plan.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

    IACOJ

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    The Police do have a little more in their armoury than the old wooden truncheons.. They all have extendable batons, Pepper spray (Tazers are on trial) and surprisingly there are now a good percentage of the Police armed...So much gun crime they have little choice. especially in the big Cities. Therer are always a few 'Gun Cars on duty in each area... The Police are just too busy.

    AS for 'having a go back' this in the UK is a No GO...they can do what ever they want to us, but we dare not retaliate... Firefighters are thinking... I can handle a bit of abuse, but I cannot handle losing my job or my pension...

    Like I have said in previous threads...

    1.Too many crimes to few Police to help out. When there are fights, stabbings, shootings and robberies going on, a Firecrew being ambushed is not high on the list unless we are really in trouble.

    2.A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders. (Thus the Fire Crew dare not retaliate).. BELIEVE ME their feet would not touch the ground. The papers are full of stories of people getting jailed for beating a burglar caught breaking into their home, Guys jailed for hitting a kid who tried to rob his elderly Mother...there is no natural justice, it makes me PUKE!!!

    3.European Human Rights act... $%&**$ Europe...they get the best of us, all we get in return is their Sh1t!!!!

    My usual retort at this point... Why do you think 54% of the UK Population want ot emigrate!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    I'm thinking that whilst they are tinkling on my appliance that perhaps a Tazer to the "teapot" would be fun to watch.The results would be hilarious, after all salt water does conduct electricity. Nothing like a little "attitude adjuster". T.C.

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Originally posted by SteveDude
    The Police do have a little more in their armoury than the old wooden truncheons.. They all have extendable batons, Pepper spray (Tazers are on trial) and surprisingly there are now a good percentage of the Police armed...So much gun crime they have little choice. especially in the big Cities. Therer are always a few 'Gun Cars on duty in each area... The Police are just too busy.

    AS for 'having a go back' this in the UK is a No GO...they can do what ever they want to us, but we dare not retaliate... Firefighters are thinking... I can handle a bit of abuse, but I cannot handle losing my job or my pension...

    Like I have said in previous threads...

    1.Too many crimes to few Police to help out. When there are fights, stabbings, shootings and robberies going on, a Firecrew being ambushed is not high on the list unless we are really in trouble.

    2.A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders. (Thus the Fire Crew dare not retaliate).. BELIEVE ME their feet would not touch the ground. The papers are full of stories of people getting jailed for beating a burglar caught breaking into their home, Guys jailed for hitting a kid who tried to rob his elderly Mother...there is no natural justice, it makes me PUKE!!!

    3.European Human Rights act... $%&**$ Europe...they get the best of us, all we get in return is their Sh1t!!!!

    My usual retort at this point... Why do you think 54% of the UK Population want ot emigrate!!!!

  19. #19
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Steve,

    Is this the result of Great Britain joining the European Union? I mean, I thought criminal coddling was bad here, but it sounds as if you folks over there have your hands tied behind your backs. Are certain countries or politicians behind this craziness?

    Brenda

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Port Jefferson, NY
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Before you pee on my rig you will met my haligan bar.
    B Holmes

  21. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Kent,
    The EU has to take the blame for all of this Heavy Human Rights BS... fine, but what about the Human Rights of the victims??

    I'm afraid we are seeing the results of decades of left wing policies that have eroded the powers of the Police, family values, respect etc...

    I am a good Labour man, beleving in the rights of the working man, but this crazy liberal stuff is really bringing the country to its knees...quite literally.

    You know what, I can't talk about it anymore...it really depresses me.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    A liberal attitude that is so bad, victims have less rights than offenders.
    Same things here Steve. Its sick

    Dave
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  23. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ullrichk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Deleted by the forum gremlins
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Originally posted by SteveDude

    I am a good Labour man, beleving in the rights of the working man, but this crazy liberal stuff is really bringing the country to its knees...quite literally.

    You know what, I can't talk about it anymore...it really depresses me.

    Any country that has stood by us like Great Britain has since 9/11 can't possibly be all bad.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

    a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

  24. #24
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Borderstate
    Posts
    900

    Wink

    They may make find firemen someday.

    1.Drinking.(self-explanatory)

    2.****ing on or near the fireground.(Hose handling)

    3.Throwing stones and cans.(Remember those alarms that interrupted dinner.)
    Last edited by coldfront; 01-19-2005 at 12:27 AM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

    Hillbilly Irish!

  25. #25
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    391

    Talking

    Quote:


    Any country that has stood by us like Great Britain has since 9/11 can't possibly be all bad.

    Its not the country that is bad, nor is it the vast majority of the population, of all colors, races and creeds who are good and law abiding citizens. Like this country, the UK has given in to the small minority who cause all the problems and want everybody to do things their way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register