MembersZone Subscriber

Default Jackson County Fire

Hey Everyone,

Since it is my county that the Mid-South Plant burned down in. I figured you all would like to see some of the video that the news got. The plant employees between 700-1500 people depending who you speak to. The main Fire Department in charge was Pond Creek Fire Department. The county is made of of three Private Fire Departments : Sand Gap Fire and Rescue, Pond Creek, and Grey Hawk Fire and Rescue, we also have the county seat the City of McKee Fire Department. Plus from what a medic told me here at work, who happens to be a medic at Jackson County too. There was soemthing like 15 total departments, plus SO and the Area 13 Haz-Mat team.

Here is the link: http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=2819423

If I find out how it started I will let you all know.
    Thanks
    DM

Forum Member

Saw that on the news. Looks like a bad economic blow for you, neighbor. (I'm in Johnson County.)

Good luck mopping up!
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hey

Yup,

But from what we are hearing Mid South is going to rebuild. Now its just a matter of time. I just heard the department over there go 10-98 from another day of mop up. Personally I was there as a medic I work with reminded me last night every 30 mins by the company phone.

"HA HA Jackson County had the Biggest Fire in its history and YOU MISSED IT"
    Thanks
    DM

Thread Information