Forum Member

Default Explorer Competitions This Summer

I am searching for any Explorer Competitions this summer. We were fund raising for Nationals at Texas A&M but decided to start off a little bit closer to home since we have a lot of new guys in our group.

Thank You

Feel free to drop me a line.
    Last edited by STFDQuint3; 06-15-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Forum Member

Your in luck. There are several in the area. Were you at the winter event? We discussed several upcomming events. If you need more info, I'm sure Moose can help you out better than I can.

Forum Member

I am in Rossford Ohio(just south of toledo). We have an annual competition in July. Ill try to get some info. One of the last weekends of May, in Monroe Mi, there is an Explorer Mock Disaster which is loads of fun. Im sure that there is others out there also.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Welp i dont know if Illinois is out of the question, but if not we have a Explorer Cadet Fire School that is really awesome, its 4 days the last 4 days of july, we do and LP burn, and this year a waterball contest, Im not sure how much money it will be this year, its alot of fun, Its held at IFSI (illinois fire service institute) and the website for that is...http://www.fsi.uiuc.edu/ i dont think the explorer cadet fire school info will be posted on there till later but you can check it out theres alot of stuff on there. And the whole 4 days is packed with firefighting stuff, its in champaign Illinois to be exact.

If you have any other questions you can Email me - frfghtergirl89@yahoo.com and if i cant answer the question i can tell you who to email from there!
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

Forum Member

hey.I live in kansas,we have a acamedy in late june(cops and fire guys alike).Also, i did not know that there was a national event?

Forum Member

Are you still interested?
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

there is a competion in iowa e mail me to get info. it is in the last week of july.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

You heading all the way out to the Cornhusker State there Moose???

Forum Member

Exclamation I am Interested

me and the rest of my explorer program are wanting anything offered to us. We are located in Ohio and would like for anyone that knows of a fire compition for explorers around IN ohio or just outside of Ohio, to please email me. Thank You.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefireman2010 View Post
    me and the rest of my explorer program are wanting anything offered to us. We are located in Ohio and would like for anyone that knows of a fire compition for explorers around IN ohio or just outside of Ohio, to please email me. Thank You.
    How far of a trip is it from Laurelville to Toledo. As RFRD stated previously (a few years aog now), our Post has a muster the 3rd weekend in July. Between RFRD and I, we can get you all info you need. Rossford is on the south side of Toledo just across the river.
    Also the Mock Disaster he talked about before is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. That is in Monroe County, Michigan (1/2 hour-45 minutes north of the Ohio-Michigan border/Toledo)

We'll be happy to help you out... It would be great to get another department at Mock Disaster as well as at the Muster.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Default Wanting to see something in Missouri

Anyone from missouri have a muster for explorers? Would like to see a get-together at the Winter Fire School in Columbia. We would also be willing to put something together here in north central missouri if some of the iowa groups would be interested in coming south. You can email me at tfd218@hotmail.com

THANKS!~

Forum Member

Exclamation =]

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    How far of a trip is it from Laurelville to Toledo. As RFRD stated previously (a few years aog now), our Post has a muster the 3rd weekend in July. Between RFRD and I, we can get you all info you need. Rossford is on the south side of Toledo just across the river.
    Also the Mock Disaster he talked about before is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. That is in Monroe County, Michigan (1/2 hour-45 minutes north of the Ohio-Michigan border/Toledo)

We'll be happy to help you out... It would be great to get another department at Mock Disaster as well as at the Muster.

That would be great. I have to go to a meeting tonight, I will run it over with them and I am sure they will love the idea. Please email me at lepoling2010@yahoo.com and tell me the located of this event and things like that. Thank you much.
    Colton Poling

Forum Member

As stated above, my post, well I run the event, puts on a Mock Disaster event every May (the 24th for 2008). It's a pretty cool day. We setup and run a bunch of 'mock' scenarios ranging from MVA's, to live fires (usually cars), and a wide variety of medical situations. We also try to bring in a demonstration from an outside agency (new equipment and stuff like that to the field) and bring in a local EMS agency with a rig and bird. I can't say what 2008 will be, but we are going to start working on some cool stuff in January to try and pull it off.

If you, or ANYONE here is interested, shoot me an email (KTorak@gmail.com) and i'll place you on my contact list for the event and let you know when the planning meetings are in the spring and more information about the event. Registration was $15 [per person] last year, and should remain that for the next year.
    Last edited by KTorak; 12-02-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    Kyle
    Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
    -Post Cheif
    -Treasurer
    -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Thread Information