MembersZone Subscriber

Default New to Firehouse.com

One year ago I joined Dodgingtown Volunteer Fire Dept. in Newtown CT. We are one district of a huge five district town. We get about 150 calls a year. Currently we have about 30 members 10-15 of which frequently go to calls.

We have a 1987 Maxim 1500gpm pumper, a 1991 Volvo chassis E-one Body 2800 gallon tanker, a 1980 chevy 1 ton chassis with a 300gpm minipump that we use as our brush truck, and finally we have a 1989 ford f-350 ambulance body rig that we use for our rescue truck.

The rescue truck is the one to which i have been assigned on as an engineer. I do all the weekly and montly checks, clean the truck, organize the and test the tools, recomend repairs and upgrades, as well perform some basic maintenance functions.

In september i started taking my EMT class. I just took the practical test and am scheduled to take the written a few days after my 18th birthday in february.

I am sheduled to take fire one from april to june and hopefully our dpt will be sending 3 or four of us to the CT fire academy this summer for a few day classes.

I am very excited to continue to help my department which has, due to many resons, become stagnant over the last few years. I am hoping firehouse.com will give me opportunities to expand my extreamly small and limited knowledge base.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Welcome aboard, DFD! I had typed a nice long welcoming schpiel but lost it when I tried to post. I don't feel like typing it again....

I will re post this link....It's humorous but there's a lot of truth to it...

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

that link was funny and true. Good call dmleblanc. Thanks for the welcome

Thread Information