Thread: MRT Class??

Forum Member

Default MRT Class??

Does anyone know of any upcoming MRT classes? Preferably the Windham/Tolland/NewLondon county area... I know American has them but anything else??
    Rescue
    Eat, Sleep,
    Repeat

Forum Member

Just curious, why so anti-american? And I to my knowledge, I cant remeber American even having one. They usually focus on EMT/Paramedic classes. (Could be wrong though, I just dont remeber one)

Forum Member

Oh nothing against American... I was just seeing if anything was closer to me. I will probably end up going to Norwhich and taking it. They have a bunch of classes now from MRT-EMT-Paramedic-Nursing all sorts of stuff. They have this whole training part or American now...
    Rescue
    Eat, Sleep,
    Repeat

The link below from the CT Office of EMS list courses as of Dec 17, 2004:

http://www.dph.state.ct.us/OHCPHHO/E...on_courses.htm

I would also try the local community college near you as well.

Forum Member

Smile

Figues, the day after I posted that I'd never seen an MRT course down there I saw one advertised. I help out with teaching the Medic course there, so I was just curious what the rumors were about the programs.

Unhappy training

i am also looking for mrt or emt basic training classes in windham county without much luck.

Forum Member

http://www.harthosp.org/emseducation...g/default.aspx

Hartford Hospital has an EMT class at UConn once in a while. Looks like the most recent one just started though, at the end of January.

If you don't mind the drive to Hartford though, they offer a lot of courses for MRT and EMT initial and refreshers.

-A

Smile mrt class

thanks for the info but hartford is a bit far for me. i'm looking for something in the windham county area. a guy from the department of health suggested that i volunteer at the local fire department as an mrt but i don't know if they will let me. i'll keep checking for classes. i want emt but will start with mrt if that's available. guess i'll try some of the local fire departments and see if they know anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

One just started in Pawcatuck, Maybe you can get in and make it up.

Its listed on ctfire-ems.com in the EMS events section. Lots of refreshers listed but not many full classes.

If you think you might go on later or want to make a greater contribution go right for the EMT. Yes its more time etc.. Just some friendly prodding for you to push yourself.. Good Luck

http://ctfire-ems.com/showthread.php?t=3073
    Last edited by osfd100; 02-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.
    If I'm not here I'm on http://ctfire-ems.com/indexc.php

Forum Member

Here's a flyer I found at a local hospital EMS room. It has an MRT initial in Tolland. Maybe that's doable? It also lists a bunch of EMT and MRT refreshers coming up if anybody needs one. I have no idea who these instructors are, so this isn't an endorsement, but maybe it'll help.

-A
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information