Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up WA State: $5000/1 year for failure to yield?

Be nice to see more of this everywhere.... I hope it goes through.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...-4207208c.html
    Last edited by RLFD14; 01-20-2005 at 03:03 PM.

This is one of those "duh" laws. I can not think of a single reason NOT to have this everywhere. Pull your *** over for me, or you will pull your *** over for the cop who will arrest you. Maybe people would pay a little more attention if they knew it would cost them a few rent payments.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Wink

The fire service could solve the nation's defecit if we could fine every moron who did not pull tot he right for sirens and lights!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Forget the national debt. I'd like to see money from the fines going to fire departments when the FD is somehow involved.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I don't know about you but I'd have to spend a ton of time writing down license plate numbers just on one run. We'd have to do something like the dash cams in cop cars to get the evidence to even turn over to the cops.

But considering I have enough trouble trying to convince the chief to buy gas meters that will work and some advanced training for the FFs, I doubt I'd have any luck there, even if we were given the money. We'd only get a piece of it since the law enforcement would have associated costs. Granted some is better than none, but that's a long time to wait to recoup the return on the investment.

I guess we're spoiled here in good 'ole southern WV but the Police folks around these parts fully support our fire fighters. Just like we as firefighters "take care of our own", the Police folks take care of us as well (and vice-versa). You mess with one of us, you mess with ALL of us.

Don't yeld? Get a ticket or go to jail.

Assault a firefighter on a fire scene? Go to jail. Go directly to jail, do not pass go. (and have a prayer meeting along the way?).

Assault a police officer and let a fire fighter hear it on the scanner or see it happen? Heh. Good luck with that as well :-)

/john
    --
    John Holstein, Asst. Chief
    Danville Volunteer Fire Department
    www.danvillevfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber StLRes2cue's Avatar

finally good to see some tougher fines involved. Well Done.

My mistake in the first post..... fine could be $5,000, not $1,000.

A proposed penalty could bring a maximum $5,000 fine and a year in jail Ė a substantial increase from the current $101 ticket.
    damn, i could make enough to pay off my college loans with just 2 responses!!
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information