Thread: Servus

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Servus

Servus Firefighter II boots:

What do you folks know about them?

I'm curious because they were ordered for me, they fit and I was kind of surprised how heavy they are to wear. I haven't had a chance to wear them on a call yet.

Are they decent quality boots?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep they are a good servicable boot but
    you would like leather pro warrington
    a lot more

Bill

A-men to that Bill.

MembersZone Subscriber

you would like leather pro warrington
    Quite possibly; however I have never even seen leather FF boots up here in the tundra.

MembersZone Subscriber

My first pair of boots was SERVUS, though not the II model. They were damn near bulletproof (and it felt like it every time I wore them).

I have since switched to Ranger Combat LB's. Once you switch to a flexible shoe-fit boot, leather or otherwise, you will NEVER wear anything else.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

Yo Rookie,

Try Gullivan, they carry leather boots, a few of our guys have bought some. Also Whole sale fire rescue has boots! Pretty cheap only about $400.00 Well Rangers are around $259 - $279 and Pro Warrington are $300 - $400. Mega tech also deals with booties - they are in Edmonton.
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave404; 01-20-2005 at 04:20 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dave404
    Yo Rookie,

Try Gullivan, they carry leather boots, a few of our guys have bought some. Also Whole sale fire rescue has boots! Pretty cheap only about $400.00 Well Rangers are around $259 - $279 and Pro Warrington are $300 - $400. Mega tech also deals with booties - they are in Edmonton.
    Dave
    Pro Warrington 5000, the best leather boot in my opinion, can be had for $240 at TheFireStore.com. If you want to pay around $350 for them, buy them from Galls, along with all their cool light bars and sirens. (Sorry, but I dislike Galls!)

Forum Member

Erics99, thats $240.00 U.S. Factor in the Canadian jumping bean - aprox $275.00 add another $50.00 for shipping and your pretty much at the same price - besides we had one guy order the boots - didnt fit properly - sent them back, got some new ones $$$$$$$ At least this way you can get measured properly as each boot has a different measuring chart!
    I like to shop once!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dave404
    Erics99, thats $240.00 U.S. Factor in the Canadian jumping bean - aprox $275.00 add another $50.00 for shipping and your pretty much at the same price - besides we had one guy order the boots - didnt fit properly - sent them back, got some new ones $$$$$$$ At least this way you can get measured properly as each boot has a different measuring chart!
    I like to shop once!
    Oh, I didn't see you where from Canada. But anyway, Galls sells them for $330 USD. Also I see TheFireStore raised their price to $247 a pair, with shipping about $15. Either way shop around, espeically when buying stuff online!

Forum Member

I have/had a pair dept isue of Servus rubbers, recently moved them to my second set of gear. I forked out a bit of my pocket change for a pair of Lacrosse leather bunker boots. Now I feel like i'm in heaven! THe servus were great boots, but stiff, they seemed to hold up to anything you could throw at them. Just don't store them with the tops folded or in a bind, if they stay like that for long they'll "memorize" that shape.

Thread Information