MembersZone Subscriber

Default Streamlight Fire vulcan problem

I started having some problems with my Fire Vulcan. It was working fine then the next minute it was dead. When i put the light in the charger and turn the switch on the light comes on. My father who is a electrician took the light apart and tested the battery and everything else. The battery is fully charged. He email streamlight and they stated it was a problem with the PC board within the light. Has anyone else had any problems with their light?

Forum Member

I don't have a Fire Vulcan, but another Streamlight almost burned up a patrol car where I work:

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...951#post483951
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Default Vulcan Light Problems

I also had the same problem, I brought a new battery and did the same thing again. how did you solve the issue. is it something they can fix?

Forum Member

Default Re: Streamlight Fire vulcan problem

Originally posted by UFDFF15
    ... they stated it was a problem with the PC board within the light. Has anyone else had any problems with their light?
    Holy s**t!! What is this world coming to?!?! PC boards in flashlights!?! What is that for? Is it too difficult to make a flashlight switch turn the light on and back off that you need a computer to make it happen? This sounds a bit like "over engineering" to me.
    Lt. John Kaltenbach
    Mifflin Fire - Rescue 133
    Gahanna, OH

"Vermögen bevorzugt das tapfere!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Not for nuthin', but I stopped buying rechargeable flashlights a long time ago. I have a 4 D cell Mag Lite that I have had for about 15 years. The batteries last forever and I have never had to replace the bulb.

Sometimes old fashioned is good.

Forum Member

What is that for?
    Charging system that is built into the flashlight. Don't want to "overcook" the batteries so the PC board monitors that.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information