Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber Crisb1419's Avatar

Default what does you truck have...

on it as far a lettering goes. I found this, thought the saying on the back was kinda odd . Wonder if they have any Female Firefighters on there Department?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

That's quite a saying. Have you seen the thread about FDNY and their "funky" names possibly being banned. This saying kind of falls in that area I would guess.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

We don't have anything on our rigs that's not official (department name, numbering, "Keep Back 300 Ft., etc.) with the exception of the license plate frames on our two Mack CF engines and decals that read "FDNY 343" on the windows of all the engines. As far as the frames go, one engine has a frame that reads "Fire Extinguisher on Board" and the other has a frame that reads "You Bet it Can". Both have been on for years...probably since the engines were put into service (way before my time).

One of our ambulances also has a Rotary sticker on the rear window because it was purchased with funds donated by the local Rotary.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

Question

Originally posted by Bones42
    That's quite a saying. Have you seen the thread about FDNY and their "funky" names possibly being banned. This saying kind of falls in that area I would guess.
    This would be an example of something that might raise some eyebrows and sounded funnier than it looks once painted on the truck. If you were going to have a contest between this one and the 'Harlem Zoo' or 'Hollis Hogs' being more "funky", this one should win by a mile.

Forum Member

Thats pretty funny. Most the trucks I have seen around have some type of catch phrase like;

-Git R Done
    -No Job Too Tough
    -Find Em' Hot, Leave Em' Wet

My favorite on the NTF Engine,
    "git in, sit down, shut up and hold on!"

Lammrover
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

Forum Member

We have our website address on the side of our Tower Ladder. Until recently it was a total embarrasment. Now its a little more respectable.

www.station.org

Has pictures.

Question Hrm...

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
    We have our website address on the side of our Tower Ladder. Until recently it was a total embarrasment. Now its a little more respectable. www.station.org
    I checked the link and didn't get anything except what looks like a place holder site.

The FDNY is forcing some of the houses to change their slogans and names. After our comapny meeting last week, we were hanging out afterwards and one of the FDNY guys was on the phone. He got off and came over to all of us hanging out and told the other FDNY guys that it was official. Many houses had to change their names. His being one of them. His house is on Foster ave. in Brooklyn. Their logo is the Fosters beer logo, but the kangaroo is holding a nozzle and hose (since their an engine) and THey incorporated their Street and Engine number into it. I'll try and find that logo.
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Click the link to see it:

Engine 250
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Thread Information