Forum Member

Question Northern Illinois Volunteer FD

Hello my fellow doodlebugs. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any northern illinois volunteer fd, or any paid fd that accept volunteers or have a reserve/cadet program ? I'm currently going to school for fire science technology and I am trying to get into paramedic school. I live in Northbrook, and I heard that the Knollwood FD accepts volunteers, but only FF1 volunteers. Is this true ?

Forum Member

Your best course of action would probably be to phone the department in question and seek information yourself. Sometimes a post on here doesn't get a reply right away, sometimes they get lost in the shuffle...... not to mention that information is sometimes erroneous. It's probably best to make some phone calls yourself. Good Luck!!!!
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

According to the MABAS Division Three web site the Northbrook Fire Dept has Paid-On-Firefighters. It also looked like the Northfield Fire Dept and the Prospect Heights Fire District where made up of mainly Paid-On-Call Firefighters. This information looks like itís from 2003 so I donít know if itís still accurate but itís a place to start.

Forum Member

Since you live in Northbrook I would contact them if you are really interested in becoming a firefighter. They may not have any openings or programs avilable to help you but may know of other departments around that do. I'm sure Chief Reardon or his staff would be able to help.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Thread Information