Exclamation Training question

Can someone answer this for me. IF a person has takenthe FF1 class and taken the written, but did not take the practical. Can they go to some of the practical stuff during the class to refresh? I was told that b/c you are challanging it you can not do this. Need this answered for tonight!

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

In my fire academy (Downriver, MI) there was a guy who did what you are suggesting. He already had FF I and was challenging the FF II test though. Not sure if that makes a difference.
    Hope that helps,
    KC

"Philippeans 4:13"

Forum Member

Default FF 1 Question

Shorty,

I would contact someone from your States Fire Commission or who ever it is that issues your Firefighter Cert's. I don't see why a person would not be able to get some "practice or refresher training" in before taking the practical test. Again if you contact your State Commission on this question I bet someone could answer your question. You maybe able to find it online also. Good Luck in your search and Good luck with your future in the Fire Service (that is if this question is in regards to yourself)

Capt. R. Groves
    Longview Fire Dept.
    Longview TX

Default Got the answer

Seems that you can not join the class if you have already taken it unless you take the whole thing again! CAlled the training council.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Cool Years ago!

Years ago I was able to challenge both FFI and FFII. That means both the written and hands on. Passed both with no problem. Not sure you can do that any more.

The training council seems to be screwed up such as not recognizing other states training. We get a retired Chicago firefighter and can't use him because he isn't Michigan certified.

Stay safe,

Pete
    Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

Thread Information