FIGJAM

Default MSA SCBA- Integrated Computer Modules

We recently had a sales rep show us the new MSA ICM 2000 Plus integrated computer modules for their SCBA.

Anyone used them, had any problems? Like/Dislike them?

CLICK HERE to go the MSA FIRE web portal, then go to the SCBA link to see them....

Also curious to see if they're interchangeable with other brands of SCBA. The documents we have from the MSA Fire website simply says-
    To add the ICM 2000 modules to any MSA SCBA, simply remove the shoulder-mounted pressure guage and replace it with the ICM unit. The ICM's are fully compatible with a complete line of MSA accessories, including the patented Quick fill emergency breathing system.
    Luke

FIGJAM

Anyone? Please....

Surely with membership of over 100,000 someone has used these devices?
    Luke

Forum Member

We have the MSA Firehawk's with the ICM unit. They are very good packs, cleaning is easy, they are light weight, everything is built into the harnesses. Your pass alarm is built into the unit and its easy to see your air with the firehawk heads up diplay in the mask. They are great packs!

FIGJAM

Thanks 2947. Are the ICM's reliable in terms of the various data they give you? (ie: duration, etc)
    Luke

Forum Member

Yes they are accurate, I was trying to find in the PDF manual where is says, but i was unable to find. The unit recalculates all the time so it knows if one user used it and set the pack down and a different user picks it up. It will calculate the difference between the two users and update the data to be correct.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Glad someone brought this up....we are about to accept bids for new SCBA's and we intend to go with MSA Firehawks. I don't think we'll get the "smart" units with the data logging, etc. I can't see that we'd have a need for it, but I'm open minded. For what purpose can the computer logging be used? Is anyone else using this? How does it work and how much extra time and trouble to use it? Any info would be appreciated.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

We have had ours for a short period of time but depending on what you want they can also detect tempature that the firefighter takes on. What i mean by that is the ICM calculates the room tempature and sets off an alarm if your men are subject to high heat for to long of a time period and will send and audible alarm to that person. Our neighboring departments where big on scotts but we were sold on the MSA and all the features that they bring our department. We also got the carbon fiber bottles boy what a difference from the old steal tanks we used to carry.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

We have always had MSA and saw no reason to change brands...they've always given us good service and our local service rep is not far away. We're just upgrading to the new models with integrated PASS, heads-up display, RIT connections, carbon fiber bottles, etc. I know that they are available with the high temp alarm, but I was more interested in the ones that you can download the data to a computer. When would this come in handy, other than (God forbid) during an injury of LODD investigation? I also know it's something we can upgrade to at a later time if we so choose...just don't know if we'd every have a reason to.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Question scba'a

My department is looking into getting new scba's and we are looking at scotts, msa, isi, and surive air. I am looking for other firefighters advice on which ones they like and which ones they have used. Also I was wanting to know any problems they have had with any of the ones they use.

Thread Information