Thread: FDNY Squad 55

Question FDNY Squad 55

I just saw on the front page of Fire Apparatus Journel, a pic of FDNY Squad 55. Is that a Real company? I though it was just the number for third watch and not a real company.

Forum Member

and if its the same one I saw then it states it is made for a movie prop company (by Ferarra maybe?) and is used as the rig in 3rd Watch

I'll double check and see if we are talking about the same publication

Thanks, All i saw was the front page. did not read the article. It was from issue Jan- Feb 05

Forum Member

Default Re: FDNY Squad 55

Originally posted by Car995
    I just saw on the front page of Fire Apparatus Journel, a pic of FDNY Squad 55. Is that a Real company? I though it was just the number for third watch and not a real company.

Look inside the FAJ and see what they says about the rig.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

From what I have seen on FDNYPhotos.com I thought that Squad 55 was a movie prop, not an actual company.

I am interested in hearing what the journals have to say though.

Forum Member

Exclamation

The photo on the January-February 2005 of the Fire Apparatus Journal showing the Ferrara of the FDNY SQUAD 5 5 says it is a 2004 high pressure pumper for Third Watch. It is maintained by Movie Time Cars. Also in this edition is a 1993 Emergency-One pumper marked as Engine 5 7 used by Third Watch and a 2004 Emergency-One rear mount Quint 6 2, also used by Rescue Me.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Default ENGINE CO. 55

There is no Squad Co. 55. It is a fictional company, for purposes of the television show, Third Watch.

Engine Company 55 originated on June 4, 1887, located at 173 Elm Street in Manhattan.

On June 6, 1899, they moved to their current quarters located at 363 Broome Street, also in Manhattan.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm just wondering why they even need this rig. The last few times I watched the show it was all cop stuff.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10
    I'm just wondering why they even need this rig. The last few times I watched the show it was all cop stuff.
    That's why I don't watch it anymore. There are too many cop shows out there.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm pretty sure Ferrara had a contract to build three of these pumpers for FDNY, and built a fourth as a P.R. and demo type vehicle. I don't think it was specifically built as a Third Watch rig.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post SQ-55

I've seen three rigs for Squad 55 on Third Watch. I'm sure they had a Seagrave when the show started and it was called Engine 57. After 9/11, they were using a late model Mack pumper (maybe the Seagrave actually went into service for FDNY???, not sure, FDNY guys probably know for sure). Then after a while they starting using an E-One on the show and have been using it ever since. If you notice in the firehouse, all of the signs and such still say Engine Co. 57... Not sure why they changed it..
    I haven't been watching the show either. They have a new actor FF on the show but the FD part of the show is lacking too much. I think I've watched it three times this season. They should change the name to Yokas & Cruz (kinda like Starsky & Hutch but not) .....
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Forum Member

Default Re: SQ-55

Originally posted by FF2BKE
    I've seen three rigs for Squad 55 on Third Watch. I'm sure they had a Seagrave when the show started and it was called Engine 57. After 9/11, they were using a late model Mack pumper (maybe the Seagrave actually went into service for FDNY???, not sure, FDNY guys probably know for sure). Then after a while they starting using an E-One on the show and have been using it ever since. If you notice in the firehouse, all of the signs and such still say Engine Co. 57... Not sure why they changed it..
    I haven't been watching the show either. They have a new actor FF on the show but the FD part of the show is lacking too much. I think I've watched it three times this season. They should change the name to Yokas & Cruz (kinda like Starsky & Hutch but not) .....
    If I remember right, the Mack was part of the story line, the story was that the Seagrave was distroyed at the WTC and that they were stuck with a reserve like so many of the other Companies.

Definately need to bring the fire side back into the story!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information