Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question oxygen tanks in POV

Need information on Firstresponders carrying size D oxygen tanks in pov for call's. What does the state say? and what do other department's do with this?

Forum Member

All of our EMT's have 02 issued to them to keep in their pov.

Forum Member

all our first responders carry O2 in our POV's, don't know the state law though.

Thumbs up O2

NO state law on O2 in pov
    I checked with DOT

Just a suggestion...check with your State Board of Pharmacy as well... Oxygen is a drug (silly as it seems). Not sure of NC, but it is a FELONY in Ohio to carry O2 in a POV or other unlicensed vehicle...police cruisers included. Good luck.

Andy

You don't not have to placarad until you reach the huge cask (can't remember class) like cylinders that helium come in. But there are no laws saying you may not cary O2 in your POV
    -Scott
    "Its the quiet people that change the world and the loud people who take the credit"
    9-11-01

Forum Member

Originally posted by sc0tt3542
    You don't not have to placarad until you reach the huge cask (can't remember class) like cylinders that helium come in. But there are no laws saying you may not cary O2 in your POV
    The only restriction is you have to placard it if you carry over 1001 pound of Oxygen. Not sure what type of vehicle you drive, but I can probably guess you won't need a placard!
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

An oxygen bottle in your POV especially if it is more or less loose / not in a FR bag could easily kill you or other occupants in a wreck - or be ejected from the vehicle and cause other interesting problems. If your bag with 02 or loose 02 bottle isn't in your trunk or cargo area, consider finding a way to secure it with a seatbelt or something.

Forum Member

those green o2 bags work great and don't cost an arm & a leg. simple green bag with reflective stripes, a few compartments, & a compartment with a strap to hold a D-cylinder cost about 40 bucks. defenitely worth it in the long run.

Thread Information