Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Challange coins

Default Challange coins

I'm looking for information on Fire related Challange coins. If your Dept has had one produced or you know of a dealer that produces them I am very interested.

former FH.com member

I haven't seen a challenge coin since I left the Air Force. Does the fire service even have them?

Yes, there are some dept's that have adopted this popular coin. there was an article last year in FH magazine,the IAFF produced one for the 2002 convention in Las Vegas and I have seen some from FDNY and Calif. I just need to get some producer info.

MembersZone Subscriber

I never picked up any info, but I did see a challenge coin vendor at FDIC last year. They had coins, small statues and figurines, stuff like that.
    Maybe someone else picked up the info.

I'd like to get some made for my station, but there just isn't enough interest from my guys. Maybe a FOOLS coin...

I have seen them in some of the Wacker Catalogs...but I don't think they are as important in the Fire Service as they are in the Military.....I still have a coin from every unit I was in...and a few others. Geezz...don't ever get caught without your coin in the local slopshoot.....
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Challenge coins are around in the FD. Look at www.symbolarts.com and call them and talk to them. That is who does the badges for my job & volunteer FD. They do good work and stand behind it.

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Default challange coins

Mark 440,

Thanks for your info. The link was helpful. Is that all there is out there? I never realized that the fire service has so little interest in these coins.

Thread Information