MembersZone Subscriber

Default Firehouse Software

Is anyone using Firehouse Software 6.0 to help manage your department, if so how is it working for you. We are most likely going to this software program to manage our department. We look to enter all fire/EMS reports, run attendance and payroll, inventory, equipment checks and maitenance, pre-plan and inspections, personal manager and all the in-betweens. This will be a huge change for our department, but one for the better I believe. This was our department goal for 2005 to up grade and train members (mostly officers) to this new system. We had the rep from Firehouse Software visit our station and gave us a very thorough demo, I was very impressed. Anyway...if you are using any portions of this program software, let me know how its working for you.

Thanks,

R.K

Forum Member

Ron, we have been using FH software for quite a few years, starting with version 3.x. I think they were just getting the 6.0 installed today as the rep (Forrest) was supposed to be here to assist with that, getting our settings straight, and assisting with getting it on the network for the 3 computers that use it.

It is a good system to use, if you use it to it's capabilities. We have had some issues in the past, but a big portion of that was the person who was acting as our rep. He was basically contracted out by Forrest. We could never get ahold of him and he would return calls usually after we became angry in our messages. We no longer deal with him and go right to Forrest who is much better at explaining things when it comes to educating people on the software and it's capabilities.

I think you'll probably be pretty happy with it.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to check it out. If you don't have my number, you can get it from Moe.....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

we have been using the firehouse software for the last few year. im not sure which verson we started with, but we did just upgrade to the 6.0 verson. we mostly just use it to do fire and ems reports and attendence. since we are vollie, we have no real need for the payroll side of things, but after we start paid, im sure we will.

also we are in the process in networking the program from just one computer to possibley up to 5. im not sure how that all works, but that has been talk amont the computer guys.

Forum Member

using FH 5.0 here and are having a heck of a time with sending our EMS reports to the state.......other than that I dont think it is that bad of a software package.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Thanks for your reply's, I'm sure we will go with it, I'm actually looking forward to getting this program going for us.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are also using FH 6.0 out here in the city of Pburg. I like some of the features that 6.0 has vs. the 5.0. We are also having some problems sending our EMS reports to the state.

I would recommend it!!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

We have been using Firehouse for a number of years and I think overall it is an excellent tool. At the moment we are having a little technical glitch that is preventing upgrading to 6.0, but I hope a call to tech support will resolve that tomorrow. (Tech support is very helpful, by the way).

It is a good system to use, if you use it to it's capabilities.
    This is very true. About the biggest headache you will have is getting started, because you will have to input all your personnel data, equipment, etc. If you have hydrants and choose to use the hydrant database, there's more input. Of course, you can choose to use certain features or not at your discretion. But to get the most out of the program will require a lot of upfront data input (that's not necessarily a bad thing, because you will really know your way around the program by then)

One problem I am trying to correct this year is that more people in our department need to be using the system. The problem we have had is that there has been only one person (me) who messes with the program (this has been since way before I was chief...) That means I get saddled with doing all the incident reports, personnel records, etc. This year I'm going to make sure all the officers, at the very least, can use the system and input reports, to spread the workload around a bit.

We've used it for incident reporting more than anything, but this year I hope to make better use of it, especially for training documentation and hydrant management.

It's basically a very good program and if you use it to its potential you should be very satisfied with it.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Dwayne, we've had the same problem with few people knowing how to use the system. Some of us have used it more than others, whether it was using it at another employer or doing all the data entry. We made everyone sit down with the more experienced users to learn how to enter runs. We still have some people who have a hard time with it, but we keep trying to tell them, the more you use it, the easier it gets.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

77....yeah, you're right about that, once you get used to it it's pretty easy. But when you're first learning to use it, some of the functions are not very intuitive...takes a little time to get comfortable with it.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

We have 5.0 at CFD. We are waiting for the guy to come install 6.0
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Thumbs up

We have used FH @ Cambridge for about 7 years. We have had some minor problems, but nothing that was disabling. Tech support is fantastic. The online techs, and the phone techs are on the spot and know the program inside and out. Every time I have had a problem, they were able to resolve it over the phone. Program gets an A+ from here.

Forum Member

Just got updated to 6.0 Monday !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

FH 6.0 on Tuesday...I like the auto-generate for EMS reports!!! No more cramped fingers.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FireHouse Software 6.0

Let me know what you think of the NFPA 1710 or NFPA 1720 additional report? Also, where is the documentation on how to fill out that information. I get real confused whether to list the fire suppression rigs when they help a rescue squad.

Forum Member

Default Re: FireHouse Software 6.0

Originally posted by bummer
    Let me know what you think of the NFPA 1710 or NFPA 1720 additional report? Also, where is the documentation on how to fill out that information. I get real confused whether to list the fire suppression rigs when they help a rescue squad.
    Here's the NFIRS website

I know when we first switched to the NFIRS 5.0 I downloaded the Manual. It did help to understand it better.

Yes, we did get the FH Software 6.0 put in a couple weeks ago. I don't know that I really care for the Auto Generate Narrative. Just for the simple fact that you have one narrative written on the paper run report, then you have the auto-generate narrative on the FH Software report that is different.......
    IACOJ

Default New to Firehouse Software-Looking for Training PPT

We are new to Firehouse software and trying to set up a training module to get our troops up to speed. Just the basis user info. for now. If you have a Powerpoint presentation that we could use it would be much appreciated. Please send it to my email address... steve.hyink@redondo.org

Thank you

Forum Member

Default Firehouse software alternative

If you find Firehouse to be too complicated or expensive, try Fire Station.
    It will track your Personnel, Incentives, Apparatus Checks, Training, Hydrants, Hoses, PrePlanning, and Expiration Dates.

Download the demo at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1400431/FireStationSetup.msi

Forum Member

Anyone out there using Firehouse sketch? We have implemented it in our town and having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use it. They dont make these programs firefighter friendly!

Thread Information