Thread: Cedar Point

Forum Member

Default Cedar Point

Hello everyone,

just a quick question i am planning on possibly working at cedar point this summer and was mailed an application.

It list's firefighting, now im pretty confident the park isnt getting many structure fires ( occasional kitchen fire maybe) but other than that i assume they dont get many firematic calls?

Anyone have any personal exprence working with the CP fire dept? Anyone know what kind of rigs, etc....

kind of stupid questions but hey, i just wanna know about them cause i might be working there this summer

stay safe,

dan

Forum Member

As I recall, I have seen some kind of apparatus in a garage at their service complex. Don't take the place too lightly. There is a huge fire load in the complex. Just the wooden roller coasters would present a terrible challenge. Beyond that, keep in mind that there are some large hotels within the grounds as well as a marina and campground. Not sure how many runs they make, but each one has the potential to be enormous.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber

Paging ff7134

As he posted in this thread he worked there a few years ago.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

I believe they prefer rope rescue training/experience, also.......

I believe they want at least OH FF-I, if not FF-II.

I looked into this for a summer job after I graduated from HS in 1994, but they only had openings for EMS at the time (which is separate from the Firefighters). Plus, from what I remember, the pay wasn't the greatest, like $5.50/hour. There is no OT there......... If I remember correctly, you got a certain "end of the season bonus" if you worked less than X amount of hours. If you worked over X hours, you got like $1 per hour over, plus the regular bonus. I figured it out and you get ripped off by doing that, because it was nearly impossible to get it to even out just because of the number of hours you would need to work.

You also need to look at the living arangements. If you live close, commuting would work, but if not, then you either have to rent an apartment or you pay to live in their dorms........

As for their calls, you also have to remember they have the new indoor waterpark, plus I think they still have soak city (outdoor waterpark)
    Last edited by firenresq77; 01-28-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I will have to check with Annex Al or Rebel as they both work/ed there last summer .......I didnt know about the fire end of things just EMS. Last I heard the pay did suck and both of the above mentioned people communted. Stay tuned ...........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

their employees call it "The ABUSEMENT PARK" for some reason....

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't plan on fighting any fire. Most of it is assist the EMS with lifting. And checking fire extinguishers. The City of Sandusky had a Engine/Ladder company less than a quarter of a mile from the gates.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

thanks for the replys guys

they just told me that they wont accept NYS ff1, ff2, etc so ....

i doubt they run mutual aids eather?

MembersZone Subscriber

Nope, they are in the park only.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Thread Information