Forum Member

Default Passing of Finley Fire's John K Finley

From http://www.finleyfire.com/ ................

John K Finley
    September 4, 1928 - January 27, 2005

John K. Finley, 76, of 114 W. Main Street, life-long resident of McConnelsville went to be with his Lord on January 27, 2005 at 9:46 p.m. at his home surrounded by his loving family. He was born on September 4, 1928 in McConnelsville, Ohio the son of Mona Lucille Kendle Finley and the late Delmar John Finley. He established the family business, Finley Fire Equipment, March 3, 1972 and continued as Chief Executive Officer along side his son John Walter Finley. He was very civic minded and served as Mayor and Councilman of McConnelsville for over 31 years. Three of his proudest accomplishments during his tenure were the establishment of the Hawk Missile Site, the McConnelsville Swimming Pool and updating McConnelsville’s water and sewer systems. He was the longest active member of the M&M Vol. Fire Dept., since joining March 8, 1951. He served as firefighter, driver, pump operator, training officer, Captain and long time Treasurer. He was a member of the West Virginia Fire Association, Ohio Fire Chief Association, Ohio Fireman’s Association, former member of the First Presbyterian Church of McConnelsville where he served as Sunday School Superintendent and treasurer, Charter member and Elder of the Church of the Gospel Ministry in McConnelsville. He was an avid pilot, obtained his aviator’s license in 1957 and was the proud owner of several airplanes.

He is survived by his loving wife of 57 years, E. Yvonne (Runt) Woodard Finley whom he married on May 10, 1947; a daughter Cindy (Rick) Mansfield of McConnelsville; a son John Walter (Angie) Finley of McConnelsville; 4 grandchildren: Anthony John (Tony) Mansfield of Columbus, Miranda Jo Finley of Columbus, Lisa Michelle Finley of Columbus and Nicholas John (Nick) Finley of McConnelsville. His mother, Lucille Finley of McConnelsville, two brothers: Dana D. (Janet) Finley of Duncan Falls and J. Galen Finley of McConnelsville; special nieces Kathy (John) Thompson of McConnelsville and their daughters Kristen Thompson of Columbus and Stefanie Thompson of Ashland; Nancy Drake of McConnelsville; several close nieces and nephews, many friends and business associates.

He was a father, counselor, leader, friend, and mentor to thousands and will be deeply missed. His endeavors and his inspirations to others will always be remembered.

He was preceded in death by his father, Delmar John Finley, a daughter Debby Finley and a brother Carlos W. Finley.

Calling hours will be on Sunday, January 30 from 2-4 and 6-9 at the Malta United Methodist Church, Main Street, Malta, Ohio and 1 hour prior to service; funeral service will be held on Monday, January 31, 2005 at 2 p.m. at Malta United Methodist Church officiated by his brother J. Galen Finley, Pastor with full Fire Dept. honors. He will be buried at McConnelsville Cemetery.

Memorial contributions may be made to: the M & M Vol. Fire Dept., 77 S. Fourth Street, McConnelsville, OH 43756; The Church of the Gospel Ministry, 210 N. Kennebec Ave., McConnelsville, OH 43756 or the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Rest in Peace.........

http://www.finleyfire.com/John%20Finley.jpg
    Last edited by firenresq77; 01-28-2005 at 10:43 PM.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information