Default ideas for forcible entry

I'm supposed to head up a little forcible entry training at my dept. and I'm just wondering if any one got any ideas or suggestions?

MembersZone Subscriber

Pick up a book, watch a video, come up with your own ideas. You know what's in your response area, and you should be able to figure out some type of forcible entry training. If you can't come up with anything, perhaps somebody else from the department should?

Forum Member

Have a digital camera and printer?

Go around through your district and take photos of what could be a challenge to get entry into.

One thing that we have is a reinforced door with casing that we use for different trainings. Forcible entry, K-Tool, etc. Have had alot of fun with it. Costs a little bit to produce and continue to use, but it provides good training.

A recent thread...

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=65651
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Convential and thru the lock, start with that.
    put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

EMT
    Firefighter
    Hazmat Tech.
    911 EMD dispatcher
    IPN Dispatcher

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Prop Info Request........

Res343cue,

We have been trying to come up with a reusable forceable entry prop for a little while now. Any way you could post a picture and a better description of the reinforced door that you speak of. Might help some of the other departments out.

Thanks!

Awahga Ladder Co# 5
    "We Still Live!"

Forum Member

Picture might be hard to come by..it's packed away deep in the basement behind alot of old stuff. I can try to describe it for you though.

We took a standard exterior door with casing, reinfoced the casing with two layers of 1x6 lumber on all four sides. To keep the door from tipping as we use it, we took 1x6 planks about 6 feet long and attached them to the bottom. To keep from pulling the door off the feet, we used some 2x4 lumber that we had and went from the top of the reinforced frame/casing to the ends of the feet.

Hope it helps. I think we got the idea out of firehouse a long time ago, not sure when or what issue...

Oh, all the lumber we got was "rough cut" and unfinished. It was given to us by a local lumber yard, along with the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nampa Idaho has a great prop that allows hands on training with the rescue saw, K-tool, forcing doors, cutting garage doors and alot of other things. If your interested and want pictures let me know.

Forum Member

The "pop door" at my school is just a heavy duty door that has two L brackets with holes in them. One is mounted to the door, the other to the latch side of the wall so they allmost touch. A 5" piece of 1.25"
    dowell rod goes through the the two brackets. You then can practice conventional FE over and over again. Its pretty hard to pop, like a real door. And cheap, about $10 to modify the door and about $1 a pop.

Lamm
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

Forum Member

Default Re: ideas for forcible entry

Originally posted by pipkins
    I'm supposed to head up a little forcible entry training at my dept. and I'm just wondering if any one got any ideas or suggestions?
    Do you know of any buildings in your area that are going to be torn down? If so, contact the owner and see if he will let your department use it or training. You can practice a lot of stuff without having to burn it.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Thread Information