FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up Some good news for FDNY...

Brendan Cawley Ladder 27 FDNY was released from St. Barnabas Hospital today at 3:30 PM. Brendan walked on his own. There where over 100 Firefighters to wish him well.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

That is awesome news!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Sweet

Undoubtedly a relief for his family, friends and brother firefighters.

Thanks, Ray!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

E40FDNYL35 Brendan Cawley Ladder 27 FDNY was released from St. Barnabas Hospital today at 3:30 PM. Brendan walked on his own. There where over 100 Firefighters to wish him well.
    Saw this on the news tonight....good for him.

E40FDNYL35....Any idea how he walked away with "relatively" minor injuries. Was he one of the guys that was able to use some rope before he fell? For sure his brother must have been watching over him.

MembersZone Subscriber

At last... some good - no, make it great news for FDNY members. Even better will be the day when all the injured members are able to leave hospital.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

great news
    thanks for posting
    "Train as if your life depends on it"
    Always Remember *343*

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

January 30, 2005 -- Brendan Cawley got a hero's reception as he walked out of St. Barnabas Hospital yesterday, and credits his miraculous survival of a four-story leap in last Sunday's Bronx inferno to the spirit of his firefighter brother who died on 9/11.
    Cawley, 31, was wide-eyed as he walked out of the hospital's emergency room and was greeted by about 60 firefighters lined up side to side in dress uniform and at attention.
    Two bagpipers played music while a firetruck blew its horn to honor the probationary firefighter. Cawley, wearing an FDNY cap, was speechless and walked under his own power to a waiting car. He had a black eye and some scratches on his face.
    Earlier in the day, his aunt, Mary Cawley, said from her Queens home that both she and Brendan are "completely convinced" the spirit of Brendan's late brother, Michael, helped save him. "He believes his brother was in some way there to catch to him to make sure he didn't die," she said

Cawley's parents, Jack and Margaret, were at the hospital yesterday.
    Jack Cawley said he felt "terrific" to see Brendan going home, adding that the past week has been horrible on him and his family. Many of the firefighters on hand came directly from the Long Island funeral of Lt. Curtis Meyran. The twice-decorated veteran firefighter actually saved Cawley's life Jan. 23 by ordering him to jump 50 feet to the ground while they were trapped by flames in an Morris Heights apartment building. Meyran, 46, didn't survive his jump. Four other firefighters also leaped from rear windows.
    One, John Bellew, 37, also died, but Jeffrey Cool, 37, Eugene Stolowski, 33, and Joseph DiBernardo, 34, survived.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

FIRE COMMISSIONER NICHOLAS SCOPPETTA ANNOUNCES
    INCREASE IN ENGINE COMPANY STAFFING
    Announcement comes after medical leave level drops below 7.5%

Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta announced that effective tomorrow, the Department would be increasing the staffing levels on 49 of the City’s 197 engine companies - raising from 11 to 60 the number of engine companies staffed with five firefighters. The increase in staffing comes after the medical leave rate for the Department dropped during the past month.

“I am pleased to announce that the medical leave rate has declined and as a result, according to our contract with the UFA, we are increasing the number of firefighters on 49 of the City’s engine companies immediately, “ said Commissioner Scoppetta. “The increase in staffing will allow for fire companies in all five boroughs to operate with the help of an additional firefighter during the busiest time of the fire department’s year.”

The number of engine companies operating with five firefighters was decreased in December of 2004 from 60 to 11 when the 365-day average for medical leave was 7.54% of the uniformed force. A review of the medical leave rate is conducted at the beginning of each month, and today the annualized rate stands at 7.49%.

Under a 1996 agreement between the Uniformed Firefighters Association and the City, the Fire Department has the right to reduce the number of five firefighter engines to 11 if the annualized medical leave averaged more than 7.5%.

Commissioner Scoppetta said he remains hopeful and optimistic that the decline continues and manning levels are maintained. The next review will be done on March 1, and the medical leave rate must remain below 7.5% in order for the 49 engines to continue being staffed by five firefighters.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

Congrats FDNY on getting your 5th FF back........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Default Hooray!!!

Finally...Commissioner Scopetta makes a decision that makes some sense.

I have always been amazed at the great use the FDNY makes of their manpower at a fire scene, especially in the designated assignments of the individuals, i.e. door man, control man, etc. A lot of departments could (and should) take notes.

Secondly, what is the FDNY policy on medical leave? How much time is a member entitled to in a normal situation? And do they differentiate between line-of-duty and non line injury or illness? When I was a member of the Chicago Fire Department, we were allowed 365 days of medical leave every 2 years. However, if you were on medical leave more than 90 days, depending on the circumstance, the City could place you on Extended Medical, and you COULD lose your assignment. Another exception was females who become pregnant--they went on leave immediately upon finding out they were pregnant, but did NOT lose their assignment.

MembersZone Subscriber

FIRE CREWS BACK TO 5 ...FOR NOW
    By STEPHANIE GASKELL

Dozens of fire engines will be staffed with a fifth firefighter starting today, now that the number of firefighters on sick leave has dropped.

Under a 1996 agreement with the Uniformed Firefighters Association, the city is allowed to cut staffing on 49 engines from five firefighters to four when sick leave is higher than 7.5 percent.

As of yesterday, sick leave was at 7.49 percent, according to the Fire Department.

"The increase in staffing will allow for fire companies in all five boroughs to operate with the help of an additional firefighter during the busiest time of the Fire Department's year," Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta said.

In December, the Fire Department decreased staffing levels on 49 engines because medical leave hit 7.54 percent.

Union officials welcomed the news yesterday.

"It's great that the manning has been restored for the month of February," said UFA president Steve Cassidy. "It's going to have a positive impact on public safety."

But he questioned why the city chooses to cut staffing since the 1996 agreement says it isn't mandatory.

"They don't have to do it," Cassidy said. "The agreement says it's a discretionary decision by the fire commissioner."

The Fire Department looks at sick-leave numbers on the first day of each month and makes a decision whether to cut or add staff to the engines.

But Cassidy argued that the threat of another terror attack is a good reason not to make any cuts.

All one has to do is read the portion I bolded above to understand why we just got our 5th man back. They now realize this isn't a joke or another administrative decsion that can be made on the numbers. They only don't want any further poor publicity from the reduced staffing.

Pappa smurf makes it sound like he is doing the city a favor by giving the 5th man back during the busiest time of year! HAHAHA. This guy is only trying to cover his bosses azz. Truth is the 5th man is also needed during our slowest time of the year as a fire on the 6th floor of a Tenement during July takes just as long to stretch as one in January. Every Engine should be at 5 men not just 60 of them.

FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 02-02-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Forum Member

Default Clear the muddy waters?

Can you guys clear something up for me?
    On this issue of 5th manning... Every month, they determine if engines with 5 get a ROF due to the 7.5% factor? Maybe my brain is a little scrambled right now, but is that the case? Or do the engines with 5 maintain the number and the engines with 4 just make due until the number drops below 7.5?
    I have read the couple of post concerning this, but the water is muddy.

Now, back to the original post! That is great to hear about Brendan! Saints be praised!
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up More good news...Get Better Loo!

Injured Bravest leaves hospital

BY MELISSA GRACE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

While still mourning the loss of three fallen comrades, a critically injured FDNY lieutenant was released from a Sunset Park hospital yesterday.
    Edward Henry Jr. left Lutheran Medical Center five days after a flaming brick wall collapsed on him and three other men as they battled a Sheepshead Bay blaze.

"We're the lucky ones - we're the ones who came out alive," said Henry. "We get to go home to our families.

"Everyone should know what our jobs are really like."

Four firefighters were hurt in the E. 22nd St. fire - which occurred just days after three firefighters were killed and four seriously injured in separate fires in East New York and the Bronx.

"I can relate to [Brendan] Cawley a lot," said Henry, 40, referring to one of the firefighters injured in the Bronx. "Both of our brothers died in the World Trade Center."

Firefighters Joseph Henry, 25, and Michael Cawley, 32, were among the 343 firefighters killed at the scene of the 9/11 terrorists attacks.

Strapped into a metal head brace that will keep his spine immobilized for three months, Henry was greeted by sustained applause from Engine 276/Ladder 156 firefighters as he was wheeled from the hospital to an ambulance.

Henry suffered three broken vertebrae and a broken right leg.

The 14-year FDNY veteran is not the only firefighter in his family who has been hurt in the line of duty.

"All I could say was not again - please, God, not again," said his mom, Alice Henry, about getting a phone call last week saying he was being hospitalized.

Not only was her son John killed, but her husband, former battalion Chief Edward Henry Sr., 64, and another son, retired FDNY Lt. Michael Henry, 39, suffered career-ending injuries at the World Trade Center.

Ladder 156 firefighters yesterday said Henry's decision to keep two companies out of the Sheepshead Bay building saved lives the day he was hurt.

If he hadn't ordered them to wait, they "would have been in there when the building collapsed," said Firefighter Anthony Palumbo, 33.

After finding a frozen fire hydrant, Henry ordered his men to remain outside until they could establish another source of water.

Henry and three others were hurt when the roof suddenly collapsed, causing a 20-by-80-foot wall to crumple on them.

"We thought they were dead," said Palumbo, who pulled Henry from the rubble.

One of the other firefighters hurt in the blaze, Nicholas Pepe, 25, remained in Coney Island Hospital with a shattered ankle, a broken thumb and a knee injury. The two others were treated and released, officials said.

Firefighters John Bellew and Lt. Curtis Meyran died in the Bronx fire. Firefighter Richard Sclafani died in the East New York blaze.

Originally published on February 2, 2005

District Chief

Thumbs up

Best wishes to a full and speedy recovery! Also...good news on staffing increase.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

February 5, 2005 -- Firefighters will again carry an extra piece of lifesaving equipment — personal ropes, which were cited as a factor in the recent tragic deaths of two firefighters.
    "We are moving forward as quickly as possible to obtain a personal rope for every firefighter and fire officer," FDNY Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta wrote in a department order issued Thursday.
    Scoppetta's promise to make getting the ropes "a top priority" brings to an end contentious debate — which raged since the ropes were eliminated from the department budget in 2000 — between FDNY brass and its more than 11,000 firefighters.
    The call for the re-issue of the devices grew louder after six firefighters at a Bronx apartment fire had to choose whether to stay in the burning building or make a 40-foot jump out a window two weeks ago. FDNY lieutenants Curtis Meyran and John Bellew died after jumping and four other firefighters were critically injured.
    Two of the firefighters survived the plunge after shinnying 10 feet down a rope that one of them carried.
    The firefighters union says the tragedy highlighted the need for the ropes. "This is long overdue, but we're pleased to get this lifesaving device," said Uniformed Fire Officers Association spokesman Tom Butler said yesterday. "We're pleased when we get any new equipment that will protect civilians and firefighters."
    The 40-foot nylon ropes cost about $90 each, and are light in weight yet able to resist high-intensity heat and support a firefighter's weight. The department order said the commissioner's office would work with the union in its test of different ropes and determine whether the cost of a special harness attached to every firefighter's uniform to hold the rope also will be warranted.
    No time frame to get the devices nor an ultimate cost has been determined, fire authorities said, but the commissioner's order says "everyone in this department is committed to making certain that similar tragedies do not occur again."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Forum Member

Congrats FDNY....... It's sad that it took losing 2 brothers and injuring 4 others to get the ropes back, though........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Default Bravest battling back

February 8, 2005 -- Some winks are worth a thousand words.
    Even as he battles an infection, Firefighter Eugene Stolowski has been taken off his respirator and is communicating with his pregnant wife by blinking, it was revealed yesterday.
    Stolowski, 33, is one of three firefighters still in critical condition after the Jan. 23 fire in the Bronx that claimed the lives of two of New York's Bravest. The firefighters were forced by flames to jump out a fourth-story window.
    Jeanette Meyran, wife of Lt. Curtis Meyran, who died in the leap, visited Stolowski last week at Weill Cornell Medical Center. "I asked if he knew who I was and he blinked once for 'yes,'" Meyran said. "He wanted to talk to me so badly, tears were streaming down his face. Curt would have been proud."
    Eileen Bellew, whose firefighter husband John Bellew also died, was elated when she heard of Stolowski's progress from his wife, Bridgid, who is pregnant with twins. "These are great people," she said, "and great people deserve to live."
    Firefighter Joseph DiBernardo Jr., 34, is also fighting for his life at Weill Cornell. DiBernardo Jr. is out of his induced coma, according to his father, but still is unable to communicate. "He's heavily sedated," said Joseph DiBernardo Sr., adding that his son has begun to take some breaths on his own.DiBernardo Sr. said his son has been packed in ice to keep down a fever. DiBernardo Sr., who is a retired fire chief, also visited injured Firefighter Jeffrey Cool, 37, last week at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx. "He was talking and smiling happily," he said.
    Unfortunately, Cool had a setback this weekend and had to go back on a respirator. "It's a roller coaster," said Eileen Bellew. "We can't forget the hard road ahead, for them and their families."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks for the update
    "Train as if your life depends on it"
    Always Remember *343*

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

^
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up

FIREFIGHTER JEFFREY G. COOL OF RESCUE COMPANY 3 TO BE RELEASED FROM ST. BARNABAS HOSPITAL TOMORROW

February 18, 2005 -- Firefighter Cool will be transported to the Helen Hayes Hospital for rehabilitation; Two other firefighters remain hospitalized in critical condition
    Firefighter Jeffrey G. Cool of Rescue Company 3 in the Bronx tomorrow will be released from St. Barnabas Hospital. Firefighter Cool was one of six firefighters who were forced to jump from a fourth-story apartment building window after being trapped above the fire. The third-alarm fire claimed the lives of Lieutenants Curtis W. Meyran and John G. Bellew. Firefighter Cool along with Firefighters Eugene Stolowski, Joseph DiBernardo and Brenden Cawley sustained severe, life-threatening injuries. Tomorrow, Firefighter Cool will be transported to Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw, New York for rehabilitation treatment. Firefighter Cawley was released from the hospital on January 29. Firefighters Stolowski and DiBernardo remain hospitalized in critical condition at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 02-18-2005 at 12:37 AM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

District Chief

Good news... Or wishes for a speedy recovery are extended to our brother as he begins the next step to recovery. As our other brothers continue to struggle, we pray that they too will soon take the next step to recovery.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up

FDNY'S HARDY HERO
    By STEVE DUNLEAVY
    February 18, 2005 -- One of the hero firefighters injured in the Fire Department's worst day since 9/11 will be released from St. Barnabas Hospital today. Jeffrey Cool of Rescue Co. 3 was one of six firefighters forced to jump from a fourth-story apartment after the group was trapped above the fire. Cool, 37, is very upbeat and "looking forward to drinking his first beer," said Capt. Christopher King, who also worked the deadly Jan. 23 fire. "He's a real tough guy. A couple of days ago he took a major turn for the better. "He saw his son, Jeff Jr., [who is 7] the other day, and that really lifted his spirits. And his wife, Jill, has been a Rock of Gibraltar. She has really been terrific through all this."
    Cool faces a long road to rehabilitation.
    He'll be transferred this morning to the Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw in Rockland County, where he'll continue to be treated for his very severe injuries. "Jeff is looking forward to going into rehab at Helen Hayes and getting back on his feet," said King, who returned to work yesterday after suffering smoke inhalation in the fire that injured Cool. "All the guys at Rescue 3 are really up over Jeff's recovery." Two of Cool's co-workers died in the Bronx blaze — Lt. Curtis Meyran, 46, of Battalion 26 and Lt. John Bellew, 37, of Ladder Co. 27. And that same day, firefighter Richard Sclafani, 37, of Ladder Co. 103, died battling a fire in Brooklyn. Injured with Cool in the Bronx were firefighters Eugene Stolowski, 33, and Brendan Cawley, 31, of Ladder 27, and firefighter Joseph DiBernardo, 34, also of Rescue 3. Cool, a resident of Garnerville in Rockland County, is due to get a medal in June for rescuing a man from a burning building while dangling from a rope.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Thumbs up HEART-TO-HEART

February 19, 2005 -- His body still badly shattered, his voice a painful whisper, injured firefighter Joe DiBernardo summoned up all his strength yesterday to call his fellow hero Jeff Cool. Cool picked up the phone on the fifth floor of St. Barnabas Hospital in The Bronx, recognized the voice and said: "I love you, man, you saved my life." DiBernardo, 34, managed a few words: "I love you, too, brother, you saved my life." Cool, 37, said: "It's great talking to you, we've got to get you out of there. We've got a lot of time to get together." After the brief conversation at 10:50 a.m., firefighter Cool wiped away a tear and said: "That felt really good, talking to Joey."

Capt. Chris King was in that inferno in The Bronx on that Black Sunday, Jan. 23, when three firefighters died and four were injured in separate blazes in The Bronx and Brooklyn. The firefighters who lost their lives were Lt. Curtis Meyran, 46, of Battalion 26; John Bellew, 37, of Ladder Co. 27; and Richard Sclafani, 37, of Ladder Co. 103. The injured were Cool, DiBernardo, Eugene Stolowski, 33, and Brendan Cawley, 31.

King said: "The amazing thing is, they both had a hand in saving each other's life." Jeff had a rope with him, and as flames licked around them, Joey volunteered to secure the rope. Joey wrapped the rope around the window guard and also his arm. Jeff started to climb down, but slipped about 10 feet from the window, shortening his fall. Joey followed down the rope, but it is believed the guard broke and he crashed to the ground. Jeff said he couldn't remember too much afterward. "But right now, I can tell you my faith is not only good, it's unshakable." If he fully recovers, would Jeff rejoin the firefighters? "I don't think so," he said. "I just want to live my life out with my wife and two boys" — Jeff, 7, and Dylan, 5. "When you get this close, you know what you could lose. That's why I'm so sad about John, Curt and Rich, who didn't make it." His wife, Jill, said: "If I didn't believe in miracles before, I do now. Somebody was watching over him. "Jeff came in here with a fractured skull, fractured pelvis, both shoulders broken, broken ribs, and severed arteries in both legs. "He's a fighter, he's a superman. But the hospital doctors, Fire Department and all his friends have helped him in this recovery. The only sadness is the three brave men who died." On hand to see Jeff before taking off for rehab at the Helen Hayes Center was Brendan Cawley, who also miraculously escaped death in the blaze. "Its an amazing day. I can't put it into words," he said. "I'm praying for everyone."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

February 19, 2005 -- His eyes were drawn, his face bruised, his body broken, but Bronx Firefighter Jeffrey Cool took the biggest step yesterday in his miraculous recovery from a fire that killed two of his comrades.Smiling from under an FDNY Rescue 3 cap, Cool was carried out of a Bronx hospital to the joyous cheers of his wife, two young sons and more than 100 of the city's Bravest, including another survivor of the deadly Jan. 23 blaze."Today is a great day," said his wife, Jill, standing before the swarm of firefighters at St. Barnabas Hospital."I want to thank everyone for giving me my husband back.""I told him that I love him and missed him a lot," said Cool's son, also Jeff. "He said he misses me and he's glad he's coming home."Propped up on a gurney and covered in a blanket, Cool was wheeled out of the same hospital doors he had been rolled through last month, when his survival was far from a sure thing.
    Cool shattered his pelvis and suffered massive internal injuries when he and five other firefighters took a desperate, four-story plunge from a burning building in Tremont.
    Firefighter Brendan Cawley, 31, was cheered when he limped out of St. Barnabas Hospital on Jan. 29. Yesterday, Cawley stood outside the same hospital and applauded Cool.He was hopeful he and his comrades will gather again soon for the release of Firefighters Joseph DiBernardo and Eugene Stolowski, who also survived the jump from 236 E. 178th St."They're next," said a teary-eyed Cawley.Cool faces a long recovery at Helen Hayes Hospital, a rehabilitation center in Rockland County near his home."He wants to get strong and live the rest of his life," his wife said.Cool had hovered near death during much of his nearly month-long stay at St. Barnabas, but made a remarkable recovery during the last week, when his sons visited him for the first time since the fire."It's been an experience," Jill Cool said, shaking her head. "But it turned out very well."Her 37-year-old husband and DiBernardo survived the plunge in large part because they used Cool's personal rope to reduce their fall by about 10 feet.

Firefighters used to carry ropes, but the FDNY stopped issuing them in 2000 because they were considered cumbersome.Cool's rope granted him a fighting chance. His battle begins anew at the rehab center, where flowers, balloons and love greeted him.
    Beside a drawing of a firefighter was a sign that read: "Welcome home Jeff Cool."
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40