Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Pre and post entry physicals

I am working on helping rewrite some sops for our haz-mat team. Does Hippa come into play with information from physicals prior to entry for team members. If not can anyone post links to where i can get copies on the information.

Question 2: Can anyone help me on where to find NFPA guidlines for pre and post entry physicals. i.e B/P, HR , and such items I need specific numbers and links. THanks for any help. JC

MembersZone Subscriber

What is Hippa?

-N

Forum Member

Default hipaa

hipaa = health portability and privacy accountablity act of 1996 .I believe i got it right. It deals with patient privacy rights.

MembersZone Subscriber

The two places you want to look for medical monitoring are 29 CFR 1910.120 and NFPA 472. The OSHA title 1910.120 covers what needs to be done and the time frames it needs to me done in. HIPPA only covers sharing of medical information and doesn't apply to this situation.

Forum Member

Thanks I found the info in 472. Am continuing research on Hipaa stuff.

MembersZone Subscriber

Check the NIOSH Guide. It should have the requirements for pre and post entry. I also have a sheet that has pre made areas for my team. If you like I can sanitize it and send it to you.

Rich
    Rich Ball
    FF/NREMT-P
    TOXMEDIC

Let no man's ghost return to say,
    "My training let me down".

MembersZone Subscriber NorcalMike's Avatar

Hippa only applies to healthcare agencies that transfer information about patients between agencies. Usually the transfer has to be electronic in nature for Hippa to apply. Since, in most cases, pre and post entry physicals are not transferred outside the agency, it shouldn't a problem.

All medical information you collect should be kept confidential. A policy should be implemented the protects all medical information collected on employees.

I have a complete medical monitoring policy on the computer at work. I will get it to you tomorrow.

Mike

Thread Information