Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Attention KC firefighters

Last weekend (Thursday and Friday) I attended Winter Fire School in Wichita, Ks and took the L.A.S.T. (Large Area Search Team) class taught by BC Todd Ackerson, Capt. Mike Cashen, Capt. Travis Williams and Capt. Charlie Cashen from the KCMO Fire Department. My crew attended the class together and is really looking to try and implement L.A.S.T. into our department. Our chief gave us the OK to pursue this and possibly start by teaching it to our station then to our battalion. We are hopefully looking at coming up to do a train the trainer class sometime soon but in the meantime we are trying to develop something for our station to tweek before going in front of our battalion.
    Any of you that are familiar with this training developed by KCMO and may have any other info that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    What things you may be doing differet? What adjustments, if any, have you had to make to the training? Anything at all would be great.
    Hopefully we will get up to KC and participate in the train the trainer that I mentioned before but in the meantime any suggestions that would help us get this training off the ground would be great.

Thanks and stay safe
    WFD1045

You might want your training officer to contact the above mentioned and set up a 'train the trainer'.

Practice!

You need a multiple of vacant large buildings to practice varied sizes and conditions.

You need training on your cameras. Get them out of the buggies! They don't need them. The rescues/trucks need them.

I think that any of this training that we could get out, the better. Just as the 'Denver Drill' has become widespread.

Did your Safety Officer take the training? Did your Training Staff take it? Were any of your chiefs involved? That's where the implementation begins. They should take interest in it.

Thread Information