Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Rank Ladder Needed

I am in search of a rank ladder for wildland firefighting. My roomate and I are both firefighters and we have a wall we want to turn into a training map. In all honesty I would like a ladder of all the different ranks, and then branches off of that, to show all the classes and tasks that need to be completed between each cert level. If anyone has such a format I would be more than greatful if they could send it, or if anyone knew where to find such information I would appreciated that so I could create such a diagram. On that note, once I get this ladder created I would be happy to email the info to anyone interested. Please contact me with information, or requests for the finished project @ Ben_Hector@hotmail.com, and put the subject as 'Wildland Rank Ladder', thank you.

MembersZone Subscriber ramseycl's Avatar

It really depends on what you want to do. There are so many options, and ways to do things that you first have to decide what you want the end result to be.

There is the issue... I havent decided what I want to do yet. My goal for this project is to cover one of the walls in my house with a pathway from probie firefighter all the way up to top of the top dogs. I want all the options and all the classes and all the tasks to be there... like a cross between a timeline and check list.

MembersZone Subscriber ramseycl's Avatar

Are you wanting to focus on wildland firefighter?
    Do you want to be on a handcrew/shot crew/engine crew?

I would like to have every possible position covered... squad boss, engine boss, single rescource boss, crew leader... everything.

Check the NIFC website. It's all there. Too tedious to spell out here. Good Luck!

Thank you for you input, it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Information