Thread: Donate Gear

Default Donate Gear

I am looking for some information on how and where I can donate turnout gear. I have many pairs in great condition. I have all different sizes. Any info would help.

Thanks.

Forum Member

www.helpingourown.com

I'm sure they could use donations.
    "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Forum Member

It is my understanding, at least in PA, if your gear was purchased by a relief association, then you can only donate it to another relief association. If it was purchased through the fire company, then you can sell or donate it to whomever you wish.

A suggestion would be to contact a company that is still using really old stuff. They would probably be more than happy to receive the donation. You might have to do a little research to find out who needs what.

I hope this helps.

Hi,
    I am the president of Water Island Search & Rescue (WISAR). We are a small island in the Caribbean (500 acres) near St. Thomas. We have no services from the Virgin Island government and we try to take care of ourselves.

We are currently working with Curt Weldon's office trying to get a small pumper / field truck for the fire protection of our 150 residents.

We could gladly use the turn-out gear you are offering.We would appreciate it tremendously.

Please email me at marv131@starband.net if you would like to help us.

Thank you.
    Best Wishes,
    Marion Wilkinson
    Water Island Search & Rescue

Forum Member

WORD OF ADVISE AND CAUTION:

Be careful what you decide to do with that turnout gear. I would NOT suggest donating it to anyone over the internet without meeting up with them and confirming the departments' existence and their association with them. It has been known that some come onto this board and other begging for donations, and then go back and sell the equipment for profit. Your best bet is to donate to a confirmed relief agency as www.helpingyourown.com , or donating it to a local departmen that you know will use it well.

Remember, if these people who come on here begging for donations needed the equipment that bad, they would go to one of these relief agencies and aquire that said equipment.

Default Donated equipment

I apologize if I've offended anyone. I came to this sight because I was given the link by Congressman Curt Weldon's office. I was replying to the first post about having turn out gear for donation and because we could use it, I sent a reply. I have already applied to www.helpingourown website, which by the way was also sent to me from the Congressman's office.
    As I said before we could still use any gear that we can get because of our situation.
    Thank You!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

zbtground0,

Where are you located? A friend of mine, a fellow firefighter, has begun taking collections of equipment and delivering it to FD's in northern Wisconsin.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Try these guys, they do wonderful things
    http://www.terryfarrellfund.org/

Forum Member

Im in charge of the rescue team at a small non profit EMS agency in Gaston County, until recently we couldn't even afford our rescue truck payments. We are looking for about 5 sets of turn out gear for our members that are technical rescuer certified.If you have any items that you would be willing to donate to us, we would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at the following email address, gastonrescue592@yahoo.com. We also are looking to sell our rescue truck, its a little big for the type of response that we currently run. We are also looking to trade down to a smaller unit like f-350 or something comparable.

Thread Information