Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need answers

Forum Member

Thumbs up Snuffer

Wow! Thanks, you guys are great.

JoJo

Forum Member

Hey Jojo,

I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread/board/whatever (sorry computer lingo ditz) I have always wanted to go into volunteer firefighting and used to think that I wasn't tall enough, strong, enough, etc....but recently found out that isn't the case.....so I enjoy seeing others as interested and curious as me asking the same questions I have (though I think I am still overwhelmed with the whole newness of this site n all). I find these boards a great way of getting the low down without the too technical mumbo jumbo or long windedfacts that leave can leave you more confused then when you originally started. So thanks for your interest too and thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond. I was raised to believe that it was unnatural for me to say things like oh i could put up with the horror, danger, hardwork, and risk just to save a life, house, etc.....and these lil bits and pieces are helping me become unbrainwashed Much love and many blessings to everyone.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. --Kurt Vonnegut

To all those who have paid the ultimate price....our thoughts are always with you and our hearts are always connected to those you left behind

Forum Member

Question

ooops.....so sorry to post twice but i actually thought of a question for anyone who can answer (hope u don't mind Jo) It is kinda based on what you were discussing earlier. What if when you do get out on a call and you find that you are able to handle the medical gore that is related to a fire but not an automobile accident....i have always wondered that and really never had anyone to ask....so any insight would be greatly appreciated.....thanks and be well

MembersZone Subscriber

No one expects you to be able to handle situations like that. Most area have a Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team. They are made up of counselors that help FireFighters, Law Enforcement, EMTs and First Responders deal with those kinds of things. I know in my area and most areas that I know of, any incident that covers a child fatality they automatically have you talk to the CISD. Firefighters and other first responders are human too.

Forum Member

Try going to your local FD and talk to one of the chiefs. Chiefs always make time to talk to you. They can tell you alot of the things you won't find out in school. I won't mention the things one sees on line here. But if you wish to PM me I will tell you a few of the things I know. Noone ever handles it right off and shouldn't. But I wish I had known a few things before I went into Law Enforcement. No, I'm not a FF. But what you see is simular. Feel free to ask questions. I can't answer the actual FF ones usually, but I'm not a total blond ditz.

Forum Member

Hey Nofd and Jo,

Thanks for the responses...I'd love to hear anything you have to offer Jojo....no one can ever have enough knowledge....stay safe and be well
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. --Kurt Vonnegut

To all those who have paid the ultimate price....our thoughts are always with you and our hearts are always connected to those you left behind

I should have read this one earlier.....interesting .....thanks JOJO
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information