Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Bush was Godís gift to America

Please take note: these are not my thoughts. This was taken from the local paper, Letters to the Editor. (as a side note: Otter Point has a volly FD that is always looking for a few good people )

Bush was Godís gift to America

Re: "Why should God bless America?" Jan. 24.

Nearly 230 years ago, the founders of the USA rejected the doctrine of the divine right of kings. That doctrine indicated that God was actively involved in establishing and appointing rulers over the common folk.

The founders of the USA suspected that the selection of rulers had more to do with heredity, wars, and treachery than with divine intervention. Thatís why they established the principle of government of the people by the people and for the people.

In the recent election, many Americans voted for George W. Bush because he was actively guided by God through prayer. One fellow interviewed on the CBC on election day even said: "The Lord is in charge. The Lord will ensure that the right man becomes president."

How ironic that the USA has willingly moved 230 years backward away from its most important founding principle!

David Stocks,
    Otter Point.

© Times Colonist
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Most letters to the editor are written by those who have a great misunderstanding of things that comes out so well in their writings.

This gentleman's correlations withing these 4 paragraphs conflict themselves. How interesting.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

When will fools learn that their sarcasm does not convey well in black and white!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

"The Lord is in charge. The Lord will ensure that the right man becomes president."
    Ummm, how does that explain Nixon?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Originally posted by Dave1983

Ummm, how does that explain Nixon?
    The Lord got the first term, Satan elbowed his way in for the second.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Last year George W. Bush visited London and had an audience with the Queen. The President asked the Queen for words of advise, seeing as she had been on the throne for over 50 years. He enquired as to her method of choosing aides. The Queen replied that she simply asked the person a question and if that person answered correctly he/she was hired.

Mr. Bush then enquired as to what the question was and the Queen said she would demonstrate. She then picked up the phone and summoned Tony Blair to her quarters. Mr. Prime Minister she said, "your parents have a child who is neither your brother or your sister, who is this child?" Mr. Blair answered without hesitation, "It is me Your Majesty"

Correct, the Queen replied and Mr. Bush left, confident that this new knowledge would be useful.

Upon his return to Washington, the President summuned Dick Cheney to his office. Mr. Vice President, your parents have a child who is neither you brother or your sister, who is this child.

Mr. Cheney rubbed his chin and stated that he would have to take the matter up with the joint Chiefs of Staff. He then called the august group together and posed the question to them.

Colin Powell immediately replied, Mr Vice President, it is me.

Cheney returned to the White House and told the President that he now had the answer.

The child is Colin Powell, he said.

Mr. Bush replied.

No, you fool, it's Tony Blair.

Originally posted by manofire2
    Last year George W. Bush visited London and had an audience with the Queen. The President asked the Queen for words of advise, seeing as she had been on the throne for over 50 years. He enquired as to her method of choosing aides. The Queen replied that she simply asked the person a question and if that person answered correctly he/she was hired.

Mr. Bush then enquired as to what the question was and the Queen said she would demonstrate. She then picked up the phone and summoned Tony Blair to her quarters. Mr. Prime Minister she said, "your parents have a child who is neither your brother or your sister, who is this child?" Mr. Blair answered without hesitation, "It is me Your Majesty"

Correct, the Queen replied and Mr. Bush left, confident that this new knowledge would be useful.

Upon his return to Washington, the President summuned Dick Cheney to his office. Mr. Vice President, your parents have a child who is neither you brother or your sister, who is this child.

Mr. Cheney rubbed his chin and stated that he would have to take the matter up with the joint Chiefs of Staff. He then called the august group together and posed the question to them.

Colin Powell immediately replied, Mr Vice President, it is me.

Cheney returned to the White House and told the President that he now had the answer.

The child is Colin Powell, he said.

Mr. Bush replied.

No, you fool, it's Tony Blair.

ROFLMAO

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

There is no god. Bush is an idiot. The masses are fools.

Originally posted by cellblock
    Opps, here we go again

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Oh WOW! I agree Dave..***looks up****
    "INCOMING"!!!!!
    BTW Cellblock. I'm sorry, but I most assuredly disagree on all points
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

strike one
    strike two
    strike three

I realy wish you guys would stop quoting him
    it makes the ignore button useless

Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Oh well, I thought the old cellblock was gone............
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

MembersZone Subscriber

Cellblock,

Assertion # 1: I disagree wholeheartedly.
    Assertion # 2: I agree wholeheartedly.
    Assertion # 3: That's a relative statement. Could go either way.

His first point I wont go into here. But his second two are correct

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

"More people have been killed throughout history in the name of religion and God than for any other cause."
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    "More people have been killed throughout history in the name of religion and God than for any other cause."
    And that, my Friends is the sad truth about being a soldier.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

That is the sad truth of the world.
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

This gentleman's correlations withing these 4 paragraphs conflict themselves. How interesting.
    They do not conflict themselves in any way at all.

Nearly 230 years ago, the founders of the USA rejected the doctrine of the divine right of kings. That doctrine indicated that God was actively involved in establishing and appointing rulers over the common folk.
    True.
    The founders of the USA suspected that the selection of rulers had more to do with heredity, wars, and treachery than with divine intervention. Thatís why they established the principle of government of the people by the people and for the people.
    True.
    In the recent election, many Americans voted for George W. Bush because he was actively guided by God through prayer. One fellow interviewed on the CBC on election day even said: "The Lord is in charge. The Lord will ensure that the right man becomes president."
    True.
    How ironic that the USA has willingly moved 230 years backward away from its most important founding principle!
    True, considering the extreme swing to the right we have seen in the last few years. I see that idiot liar Pat Robertson is going to be on national TV again, spewing his hatred and nonsense. Remember him? The one who blamed 911 on gays and pagans?

Thumbs down Jeeze...

"The masses are fools?" What a nice attitude for a public servant to have...I bet the people that you serve would just feel all warm and fuzzy inside if they knew you felt this way about them.

Disagree, disagree, disagree!!
    IACOJ

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap it if we do not lose heart."

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

I personally believe that Bush is a blithering moron, I don't think Kerry was that hot either. Having said this I think that people should leave religion out of politics. I belive in one nation under God, but God comes in many forms to many people whether it be God, Yahweh, Allah or Budda and the liberal tree huggers don't believe it should be there. I believe the current administration imposes it's personal beliefs as what the country as a whole should believe and proves this by appointing like minded people to ensure that their Bible thumping agenda go through. There will soon be vacancies on the Supreme Court. These surely will be filled by people who believe in what the "right" way is instead of what is legal ie: Roe Vs. Wade (which by the way were 2 ways Quayle thought you could cross the Potomac). I am a practicing Catholic, and prior to the election during mass it was brought up that responsible Catholics should vote for the "Pro Life" candidates. I do not base my vote on what my priest or the pope tells me, no one should. My question is: How can Bush claim to be such a devout Christian when he sends innocent roops to Iraq to fight a war to line the pockets of the rich???
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Thread Information