Thread: Nfpa 921

Forum Member

Default Nfpa 921

I am considering attending one of the NAFI Seminars and was wondering if anyone was attending the Kentucky course in March.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not sure if I will be able to attend this year or not. Although I don't have too, it is a great seminar. I might drop by since I live in the area.
    Thanks
    DM

Forum Member

That's quite a ways to go for the course manofire........do they not offer it closer to you? I do know that they offer it here in Ontario, I took it through FireFacts. Contact Mr. Merkley and see if you can find a closer one? I took it in Toronto, and Ronald Hopkins, who teaches the Kentucky one was there as well. Check out www.firefacts.com
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Originally posted by LadyCapn
    That's quite a ways to go for the course manofire........do they not offer it closer to you? I do know that they offer it here in Ontario, I took it through FireFacts. Contact Mr. Merkley and see if you can find a closer one? I took it in Toronto, and Ronald Hopkins, who teaches the Kentucky one was there as well. Check out www.firefacts.com
    Check out the cost, the Toronto course is almost double the cost. Hotels are almost double as well. Even taking in the exchange rate Kentucky is about $350-400 cheaper.

Besides that, I've been to Toronto and can't think of any reason why I'ld want to go back. LOL

Forum Member

I hear you Manofire, about TO that is, but the course that FireFacts put together is a very good course, the venue is great (there is a pub downstairs, what more could you ask for ) The hotel they contract to is right across the street but we had some major issue with the place, not real clean, no batteries in the smoke detectors and the food was not up to my standards anyway, and I'll eat damn near anything, anywhere. Ron Hopkins did the course and I can't say enough good about Ron, probably the best instructor around.

Forum Member

I've heard good things about the course. I figured since you were from LA, you would take the TO comment well. Looking forward to the course.

Lost my car in Leduc once, but that's another story.

Forum Member

Pretty much the exact same thoughts that I had LA. We didn't eat in the hotel thought, drove all over hells half acre (yep sums up TO pretty good!! ) looking for an East Side Marios and went to The Keg another night.......gotta love expense accounts

The course was awesome. What year did you go?
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Ladycapn, we were down there this last Oct. We ate at the Fish House only 2 blocks north of the Police Assoc. Bldg, and also at a little Italian rest.a block east of the Fish House, both great places to have seafood on the expense acct. Oh and Manofire I did not take your car and use it for extrcation practice

Forum Member

Thanks LA/Lady/Capn/Capt, if you were going to be in Richmond I'ld buy you a beer.

Do you think they have whiskey in Kentucky?

Forum Member

Hopkins tried to tell me they had the finest burbon whiskey in the country, but to use finest and burbon in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Burbon might be good for washing car parts but not much else.

Forum Member

Originally posted by LACAPT
    Hopkins tried to tell me they had the finest burbon whiskey in the country, but to use finest and burbon in the same sentence is an oxymoron. Burbon might be good for washing car parts but not much else.
    Maybe I'll have to take down some Alberta Springs Sipping Whiskey with me.

Forum Member

We went about three years ago. We had a couple guys from the west coast on our course, but I can't remember where they were from!!!
    IACOJ

Thread Information