MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Default Congratulations are in order

Sandoval FPD is getting a new tanker. Congratulations to them. Way to go Chad. (guess I'll borrow your narrative now) I'll have to add you guys to our tanker box card.
    Nashville and Fairfield Rural are also getting announced tomorrow. Congratulations to both of them as well.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Thanks Jack. We're pretty excited about it. Never had a tanker before. It was funny though, we were pretty sure we were going to be announced but we were surprised when it was on the radio yesterday before we even knew. We called the radio station to ask them to repeat what they said and where they got the info!

Chad
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Congrats to Sandoval FPD.
    But what is a tanker? We have these little red things sticking out of the ground every 500 ft or so. Next you are going to say that Draft word... Congrats again. Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Chris, they don't know what a tanker is, either. They've never had one. Sounds like their training officer had better get busy.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Congradulations to the Sandoval FPD. So Chad have you got it ordered yet? We want pictures when it gets to you. And if you need help spending the grant, let me know. I can spend money like its going out of style.
    bunnie

IACOJ by choice; Flatlander by the grace of God.

Forum Member

Originally posted by bunnie62
    I can spend money like its going out of style.
    Cecil, was Hot Rod the Gov.talking about you when he made this statement? "spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors"

Congradulations to the Sandoval FPD
    Must have had a good grant writer to describe something they dont know anything about.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Forum Member

Bunnie, I'm sure we'll be able to spend some money and I promise to get some pictures. And no, it's not ordered yet. Planning to go by Jefferson Rural FPD in Mt. Vernon Sunday though after JACK'S PANCAKE BISCUIT & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST and take a look at theirs since it is like what we will be spec'ing.

Must have had a good grant writer to describe something they dont know anything about.
    Thanks 80Fire, I'll take that as a compliment!
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just remember...if it ain't red, it ain't a fire truck
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber
    finally getting ready to start the new station

Congrads Chad
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

MembersZone Subscriber

Glad to see my hometown get announced. It kind of sucks though. I leave, and now they end up with a house full of new trucks! A tanker on the way, plus their new engine should delivered next month.

Chad - Did you guys decide on what kind of chassis you want/can afford? (2 or 4-door commercial)

Forum Member

Redhat,

No, we haven't decided yet but are talking about it already. Going to look at Jefferson's (2-door) this weekend and St. Libory's (4-door) is just about done. Can see it on the Crimson Customer Corner.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default spec

Chad,

You guys do not have a spec yet? I thought you already did that process. Not sure what you guys are wanting for water. Carbondale Twp just got a new tanker. I have some pics if you want to see. Stay Safe
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Congratulations to Chad and the Sandoval Fire Protection District. I was beginning to think that Illinois wasn't going to get very many trucks this year, but apparently, they waited until the last few rounds, making sure that there was plenty of money left. Way to go.
    Chris, a tanker is often used when those little red thingies don't work. Monmouth has mutual aid tankers as part of their first response SOGs, because they know as soon as they hook one of their little red thingies, it's going to turn to crap. Wub will back me up on this.
    Congratulations to all of the FIRE ACT recipients. We actually got to the 32 round before we received a Dear John. Our application was above average, but not quite good enough, according to the letter we got. But we haven't given up. If any money is left over in our category, they might come back and award us if we are high on the list. If not; we send it to a friend of mine, have him review it and we will re-submit it for 2005.
    There's more than one way to skin the money cat!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Cecil, was Hot Rod the Gov.talking about you when he made this statement? "spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors"
    Couldn't be me Les. I've never been a sailor.
    bunnie

IACOJ by choice; Flatlander by the grace of God.

Forum Member

What category did u apply for Chief?
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiefReason
    [B]Chris, a tanker is often used when those little red thingies don't work. Monmouth has mutual aid tankers as part of their first response SOGs, because they know as soon as they hook one of their little red thingies, it's going to turn to crap. Wub will back me up on this.
    ]

Yeah, I think those hydrants are more for decoration. Spears should have some nice pictures floating around of the poor flows. Less than 250 gpm is common, unless things have changed since June. Its funny, since I have left Monmouth and come up north, I have been on more fires using tankers for supply than with hydrants.
    IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Forum Member

Arrow

We always hope for our name to be announced seems it never does LOL.....so we finally managed to get the board to get us 2 new tankers..it is a full time job keepin equipment up since we are up to 7 stations and cover about 240 square miles anyhow our 2 new international chassis are in springfield and should be ready to be picked up in a couple of weeks so we can take em to SEMO tank and have the tanks put on.....will post some pics when they are done...which looks like it might be sooner than we expected

Mike

Thread Information