Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default What do You Wear?

Just wondering....We have been battling with the city/chief for some time over shorts. We want to wear shorts around the station in the summer time, and the administration keeps holding out as a retaliation tactic. Does anyone have a policy, or verbage in their contract that may cover this?

MembersZone Subscriber

My volunteer department has a Class B uniform that we are required to wear on drill nights and other events or duties as directed by the bosses. We are allowed to substitute navy shorts for the pants if the air temperature or heat index is above 85 degrees.

We are not allowed to wear shorts on EMS runs at any time, we have to wear a jumpsuit or bunker pants.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

I am familiar with the policies on Bloodborne pathogens and the wearing of shorts, But considering that we are a paid dept. and we do not do EMS, that is not a factor.

Somebody out there has to have a policy on stationwear and clothing....if ya got it....send it our way!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Try doing a search for "shorts" in the Firefighters Forum. This topic has been discussed before there.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber PFD109NFD107's Avatar

On our deptartment we wear shorts when working out but we put the uniform back on when we get done.... after a shower of course. I have viewed alot of contracts in our area and I don't believe I have ever seen one that addressed wearing shorts.

Thread Information