Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Smile Dublin Fire Brigade Hello !

Just a hello from a Dublin Firefighter fairly new to the site and everything it has to offer..

Just a little info...23 yr old Firefighter/EMT From Dublin, Republic of Ireland, been in the job 3 yrs's and got another 32 yrs ahead of me before retirement.

I work in North Strand Fire station "No.4" C-Watch which looks after a large part of Dublins City center and the dock land area, so we get to look after all those nice big oil tanks..wohoo

At the minute my house has:-
    15 Firefighters / Officers
    2 Fire appliances (fully kitted for firefigthing, search and rescue, EMS, All RTA cutting equipment, Hazmats..and all the usual stuff)
    1 Foam Tender
    1 Foam Support unit
    1 District Officers Car
    1 Ambulance

And soon to be upgraded because of the building of a "Port Tunnel" which runs from the docks under the city.

So getting an another 5-8 crew members an RIV (Rapid Response Vehicle) and maybe another ambulance

So thats just a little about me..and I hope to be around the site alot more frequently now...

F/F Jonathon Forbes (AKA: Jonny Vegas)
    Dublin Fire Brigade
    North Strand "No.4"
    C-Watch
    Dublin Fire Brigade

*The Fire-Fighting Irish*

If u cant use it, eat it or drink it............SMASH IT !

And always remember to duck !!!!!

Forum Member

Hi:

Welcome to the forum. I've just joined and am enjoing searching the different forums for info as well as asking questions and learning. I told about myself on "needs answers" so you can go to that to find out about me. Though it tells very little.

It sounds like you enjoy your job and are possibly quite good at it. Would be fun to compare notes as to what our companies and yours do. Well it's been a long night so I'll say good-bye and hope to hear from you soon.

JoJo

I'd be more than welcome to answer or talk about / and compare our 2 companies/stations let us know what equipment and trucks u have and we can start from there.....talk to yea soon...Jonny
    Dublin Fire Brigade

Cool

Hi Everyone,
    ime new to the forum, but have been keeping an eye on the latest updates on this site for years,
    JonnytheTurk ime a Civil Defence member from killarney,nice to see irish firefighters on the site..
    i just started a new fire site
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~kadmol
    check it out if you get a chance,
    regards
    Kevo

Forum Member

Wink

Sounds like you have a well stocked house. I'll have to go back to my chief and ask him once again what equipment and trucks we have. We only have 2 houses in town and many little vollenteer ones in the county. It will take me a few days to get back to you as I won't be seeing the chief right off.

I have no idea how I got into it, but pushed something I shouldn't have and it came up with your personal stuff. Also your post from 2004 when you were coming to New York for St.Patricks Day. I enjoyed the info. I really should take a class on what all these buttons on the lap top are for. My typing is excellant though.

JoJo

JoJo first off we dont just have to talk about the job and work I thinks its more about getting to know each other and finding friends and comrades as much as everything else....so u can prity much ask me anything...and JoJo I'm as new to this as u so we'll fit in great..lol.... and Kevo checked out the site keep up the good work looks well....

If u want to know abit for about the Dublin Fire Brigade check out our 2 unofficial sites...

http://www.dublinfirebrigade.com/
    http://www.irishfireservices.com
    Dublin Fire Brigade

MembersZone Subscriber StLRes2cue's Avatar

Hey Turk..

From One Irish Brother in the States to another over the pond...Welcome to the site Brother!

Forum Member

Wink

Ok, so I'll ask something I'd like to know even more than engines. What is the fishing like? I went fly fishing yesturday. Was a bit cold in the water but did good for being winter. Got 2 ncie trout. Should have about 3 ft. of snow on the ground, but non to be found. I planned to fish today but there is an actual storm blowing in. So guess I'll go skiing.

I enjoy learning about the engines and what each house does. I know I have way to much time on my hands. That's why I'm exploring new careers.

By the way do you do any sports?

JoJo

Hey JonnytheTurk, Glad you're coming for the St.Paddy's Day festivities. Please see my message to you under Firefighters Forum/NYC St.Patrick's Day Parade/Dublin Fire. RESERVE172.
    Last edited by RESERVE172; 02-13-2005 at 03:42 PM.

The fishing over in Ireland is great once...you get the weather that is...we dont get snow but we get a hell of a lota rain !!!!

As far as sports are concerned...soccer, Gealic Football, rowing, running, and generally keeping fit, helps out alot when your tring to carry a 15 stone woman outa the fifth floor window onto a rescue ladder....
    Dublin Fire Brigade

Forum Member

Unhappy

Hey Turk:

How goes it. What is? I can't remember how to spell the type of football you play. I was quarterback for 3 years on a coed team. We took the championship 2 of the 3 years. I was a swimmer for 8 years and washed out just before Nationals.

I saw my chief today, but the racquetball was a bit to intense to have any conversations. I looked at your web site. I'm enjoying reading it. Will take me awhile to finish though as I have no idea how to change the format on it. I have to keep going back and forth as it doesn't all fit on my screen. I am finding I have more questions as always from what I'm reading. I'll post some later. I need to go to work soon.

I wish I knew where this web site is. The time on logging in is so off for me. I need to be to work around midnight or so if I'm to catch anyone. Being a Mon. I will probably only have to work 2-3 hours. It's usually dead.

Got 4 inches of snow last night. Won't do much to help the fire season this year though. I have a feeling I'll be digging alot of fire breaks this year again. We must be about 70% down on moisture.

JoJo

LOL....Gealic Football...think of American Football, Soccer and the violence in Ice hockey mixed....no body Armour/Protection, round ball, no plays....just continuous football...you can kick, throw, carry do what u want with the ball...and nearly anything goes...there does be some good fights on the pitch..came out of a match once or twice with a few bruised ribs and a black eye or 2....but good craic all the same
    Dublin Fire Brigade

Forum Member

Wink

Hey Turk:

Sounds like a great game to play and even better to watch. I wouldn't mind watching it. I've derailed these chats 3 times tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

My chief is on vaction this week and I'll be out of it most of next week. He didn't show up for racquetball today again. The guys that showed were not so happy with the guy they were playing with. He's a bit of a jerk. I laughed so hard today as they have never gotton in the way of the ball so often before. I think the guys would have been pleased to play with me. What a miss for them.

Will be back to questions soon. Must get some info from the chief firest. All my best!

JoJo

Thread Information