Forum Member

Default Water Supply Truck

Has anyone got any info pics etc on trucks that have been built just to go to ponds for water supply with large gpm pumps if so please post thanks

Forum Member

Kidron (OH) Fire Department has a "pond pumper" that has a front mount pump (I actually believe it is 1000+ GPM) and a large hose reel with LDH on the back. They operate two conventional tankers, so they rely heavily on the pond pumper to fill them for water relay operations.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

our dept. is looking into replacing one of our trucks that is mainly used for a hole pumper with one of these as a replacement hole pumper (being its main job again) http://www.americanlafrance.com/NewDeliveries/Truck/342

thats not exactly it but thats the chassis and i belive that it can be outfitted to be strictly hole pump a little more then what is shown.

here is what we have now and works very well.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Take a look at Sister Bay and Liberty Grove, Wisconsin Fire department. They have a dedicated water supply front mount pumper. I believe it has a 1500 gpm pump. It also has a large diameter hose reel on the back.

I can't find a website for the FD but the city of Sister bay has a web site with contact info.

FyredUp

Master Firefighter

This is a 1 ton pickup with a rescue body that has a front mount 1000gpm pump just for that purpose. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by nwadler; 02-11-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Master Firefighter

Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

We redid our 3/4 ton truck on loan from the Indiana DNR as a brush truck and added a pump capable of pumping to fill tankers. We got a nwe Honda pump that can pump around 600 gpm and plumbed it be a double duty truck. It has a spray bar on the front and carries just 200 gallons of water. This keeps it light to go off road to put fires out or to get to a pond.

Forum Member

We just use our normal engines, 2 are 1500gpm, 1 is 1750gpm. Draft from front or side.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default If Dal90 sneaks in here he can tell you more about ...

IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

All wheel drive, 1250 front mount pump, 1200' 4" hose,750 water, class a pumper, brush fire equipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dazed and confused

Originally posted by FyredUp
    Take a look at Sister Bay and Liberty Grove, Wisconsin Fire department. They have a dedicated water supply front mount pumper. I believe it has a 1500 gpm pump. It also has a large diameter hose reel on the back.

I can't find a website for the FD but the city of Sister bay has a web site with contact info.

FyredUp

Hose Company #25
    Hose company 25 operates a 1997 Saulsbury / Navistar 4900 all wheel drive water supply truck.

Hose #25 is equipped with a 1250 GPM front mount hale pump and a Hannay Large Diameter Hose reel with 4,000 feet of Angus LDH (long distance hose).

At right, Hose 25 is shown in its intended specialized environment. The truck was driven into Lake Michigan to pump water to crews fighting a brush fire near the shore. In this way Door County is uniquely suited to such a truck to make adequate water supplies available at rural fire scenes.
    http://www.sblgfd.com/frameset.html?index.html~right
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

Our (Sister Bay & Liberty Grove) hose truck is as described by Resq14. It has worked very well for us - opened up many areas to draft that previously were not workable. The 1250 front mount has dual 6" suctions from draft we have seen flows at and above 1500 - (very little lift when you are parked in the water) we carry dual Kocheck floating strainers - a low flow and an ice strainer. For ice operations we carry a gas power auger and a chain saw with a 36” bar. Unit is set up for relay with a Jaffery Z valve for long lays - also for tanker filling with a Manifold and 3-100 foot lays of 3" with cam lock fittings. I will try to post more pictures today if I can figure it out – also I have PDR drawings if needed.

SBLG

www.sblgfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

bump thread

Thread Information