Thread: Purchasing 4x4

MembersZone Subscriber

Post Purchasing 4x4

Now that we have addressed firefighter safety issues, we are looking at replacing a forestry vehicle. We currently run a 4x4 with with skid pump. We need to replace the 4x4. Has anyone had any success in reciving a grant just for the 4x4?

I know there are standards for wildland vehicles, would this vehicle have to meet the standards? We don't need a fancy wildland vehicle.

This type of vehicle is very useful. During the winter months, the skid pump is removed allowing us to use the 4x4 as a utlity vehicle.

With apparatus grants being very competitive and hard to come by, it would not be prudent to submit an application if this type of vehicle will not be funded.

Thanks for any input.

If anyone is looking for narratives on vehicle exhaust systems (2003)or PPE (2004)just let me know and I'll e-mail a copy.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It's eligible. Rural & Suburban a Brush/Attack is a Priority 1, but not really sure if they count skid-mounted in that category, or if they mean UWI's.

If you don't want to spend the next 3 days sending emails to everyone individually, I can post your narratives on my web site if you email them to me. Free to use for all that surf, I don't charge admission. www.firegraphics.org/grants.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

We were awarded in 2003 a brush truck with a skid mounted unit. The truck was built by New Lexington Fire Appartus. The truck is a Ford F-550 4x4 Chassis with custom compartments and a darley skid unit.
    The Chief

Thread Information