MembersZone Subscriber

Default looking for info

Been reading all of the posts and I have a couple of questions. First has any FF died over there in Iraq, second do you guys over there suggest taking anything extra with you or something you wish you would of brought. Third can you get things mailed to you like a new pair of boots? Thinking of sending my resume in and starting the process, but I am very curious on how long it will be before I go. Don't want to burn any bridges. If you could email me with any other info I would greatly apperciate it. Dlister98@yahoo.com

One last thing my girlfriend has alot of questions, do any of you guys have someone she can talk to.

Default Questions

I emailed my resume in last Sunday (2-13-05). I received my application packet today (2-19-05). I have the backing of my wife & 16y.o. son, but support is slow to come from the rest of my family (M,D,bro & sis). From my understanding, from the time you send in your resume until the time you are headed to Houston is about 6-8 weeks, barring complications on your side. - Such as shots, passport, medical, etc.
    I sent my wife & sone to "FFing in Iraq?" for answering questions. It is up to 67 pages. It grows by a page or 2 a day. This thread seems to be from the start. - Keep watch if you start from the beginning. I was freakin out for a bit, when the ppl there werer talking about how they didn't have trucks, bunker gear, SCBA, etc. Then I noticed that was July of last year! They were the first ones over there with WSI. If you go to around page 45 or so it starts to become relevent to how things are going now. If you decide to go, I suggest reading this thread from the beginning. There are many questions answered early. - Timing, what to take, how are things, money, communication with family, etc.
    Another one that has been started is "Family & Friends of FFing in Iraq". This was started by a wife of someone who is there now. It seems to be more of a support group setup, although it is easier asking those people questions, then going through the 67 pages of the other to find answers!
    Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Smile

Hello
    My husband is over there in Iraq now.If your girlfriend
    has any questions please email me with them.I will do
    my best to help. sprinkles@cheyennesmoonwalk.com
    I read all the FF in Iraq forum and have kept in
    contact with tracy she started the friends and family
    thread.Its a great place for support.I wish you the best
    in the process.

Kristy

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know how they are going for firefighter numbers for this gig? Are they getting enough applications or are they struggling for numbers?
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

I have not heard how the apps are coming in. I know they (WSI)say they swamped, but I don't know what "swamped" is to them.- 50 apps now, or 1000 apps now. I know they have around 375-400 there now and want 750 by June or July.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up So Far, So Good.........

One of our guys from Glenn Dale is over there now. Things seem to be going OK so far. We don't hear much, but he is single, and not much on writing.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information