Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pro Warrington 5000 Leather Boots Problem

I have had a pair of leather Pro Warrington 5000 boots for about 3 months now. They are great boots and I recommend them to everyone. However, I seem to have a problem with my right boot. The past two fires we have had, my right boot gets soaked with water in the inside of the boot. However my left boot remains dry. From one of the fires it was from normal wear during the fire, and this past fire the boot was submerged in about 4 inches of water. I assume I have a defective moisture barrier or something. Anybody else have water leakage problems with their leather boots? Thanks.

Angry

I have the exact same problem with my 5000ís. A real comfortable boot but itís a real pain in the butt. Now that I know that itís not just me Iíll be contacting them to find out what the deal is.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anybody else have any feedback on these boots?

I have 5 pair now and have gone thru many before, usually they start to leak after alot of wear, if they are new you should make a waranty claim that should no tbe happening. When you get your new ones before use treat the leather with a good waterproofing product, especially the seams. Works great, repeat this once in a while and they will last.

Havent noticed any of that going on ........so far I like them really good !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

The company we got them from (I think Total Fire) is sending me a new pair of 5000s and they will evaluate mine I guess. Apparently the boots only have a 1 year warrenty? I thought it was much longer than that. Anyway, great boots as I said before. My department is switching over to them, the guys love them.

Contact your dealer and send it back anytime you have a problem. The key is to read the information as soon as you get it and then as soon as you feel there is a problem, contact who sold them to you. Document the call and this will cover you under warranty problems.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Just got off the phone with the firestroe.com, they told me that it is a manufacture defect with this model and I will be getting a new pair.

Default Pro Warrington 5000

I bought a pair of the Pro Warrington 5000 boots around Nov. 06. They have been great boots but recently they started clicking when I walk. They are going back to the manufacturer to be evaluated. Anybody else had this problem?

Forum Member

I thought it was me! Mine click like crazy when I walk, sound like a damn tap dancer. They also leak, and have since I got them. I guess I'll return them.

Mine both have small leaks, and are not very worn, but unfortunately I'm past the warranty. Anyone have any luck getting them swapped out past the warranty period? I purchased them from the TheFireStore.com too....

Mine are over three years old and still no problems like those described above.

I am having an issue with the fabric (Kevlar) mesh on the top of the instep beginning to wear out, but considering the use and abuse they have seen, I have no complaints. In fact, they have already lasted longer than any other boots I've ever used.

I haven't decided whether to replace them with the new model 5006, or if I should try the new Globes. Several guys on my dept have recently switched to the new Globe boots, and they swear by them.

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Everyone on my 200 person department was issued these boots late last year. About half are now complaining about the clicking. Mine don't and I love the boots.

I say if you're in the market for a good pair of leather boots, who better to ask than the Germans?

Check these out. I have a pair, and they're great.

http://www.fire-end.com/boots3.html

I haven't had any problems with my 4000's leaking but another brother and I both have that damn clicking problem. I thought it was just my pair. Is that enough to send them back especially after you have worn them for a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by clancyxdogg View Post
    I say if you're in the market for a good pair of leather boots, who better to ask than the Germans?

I like buying American Union made when I can.

Why would Germans be boot experts?

Quote Originally Posted by clancyxdogg View Post

I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by BKDRAFT View Post
    I haven't had any problems with my 4000's leaking but another brother and I both have that damn clicking problem. I thought it was just my pair. Is that enough to send them back especially after you have worn them for a few months?
    I don't know about you but I purchased these with my own $$$ and for over $200.00 I won't put up with the annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by BKDRAFT View Post
    I like buying American Union made when I can.
    Right. Pinko commie that I am, I like buying stuff featured at that anti-American rally known as the IAFF Redmond Symposium and associated with that bunch of foreigners at Lion Apparel.

http://daily.iaff.org/05redmond/exhibit.aspx

Forum Member

Ive had 5 pairs of the basic pro's. All have either ended up leaking or clicking. Luckily its free for a new pair from work. But the new models are totally differently built than my 4 year old pair i have now, the heels are huge in comparison! My feet fall out.

Thread Information