Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Gut Belts

Forum Member

We use the Gemtor Class-2 harness. Gemtor recently redesigned their Class-2 for the FDNY. The changes are specifically for use with the FDNY's new personal escape system. A sliding D-ring was added for the escape bag and with the new lightweight Pompier hook, it is a real nice harness. Even though the changes were made for the FDNY, it is a nice harness for anyone.

As it applied to RIT applications, it is a "homerun"! Both as a rescuer and a victim, it has many uses. http://www.allhandsfire.com/page/AHF/CTGY/gemtor

Forum Member

I've thought for so long of getting a GUT belt (as in Gut brand) but I am just not sure of the utility. I have not been able to find any accessories, besides personal escape stuff, for the Gut belt and I would like to use it as a truck belt as well. Anyone know of any good accessories specifically for the gut belt?
    In time

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rescue84 View Post
    another big supporter for Colorado Belt by FIRE INNOVATIONS. I LOVE My belt. All kevlar and your leg straps do constantly rub when you walk.
    www.fireinnovation.com
    I miss typed. The straps do NOT rub because they are stored until you need them. sorry.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firehat87 View Post
    I've thought for so long of getting a GUT belt (as in Gut brand) but I am just not sure of the utility. I have not been able to find any accessories, besides personal escape stuff, for the Gut belt and I would like to use it as a truck belt as well. Anyone know of any good accessories specifically for the gut belt?
    boston leather has pretty good accessories. i use a gut belt with a home made bail out kit that fits in my pant pocket. i have a big beener with tube webbing on it and then a beener for my belt and a plate decender. all with 60' of kevlar tape/rope fits in my right pocket. i got everything from thefirestore.com for less than an evac kit
    Matt
    IACOJ
    The opinions stated here are my own and not that of any of my employers.

Forum Member

I love my gemtor and I feel naked without it on a call. My station rags on me for having it but it has a million uses and counting. It doesn't get in the way and fits nicely. I recommend a left opening model in case you want a PSS (best system on the market I think).
    Being a fireman here in Rescue isn't what you do, it's what you are.
    -Capt. Phil Ruvolo, FDNY Rescue 2

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, it has a million uses. Once you get used to wearing it you forget it is there. Mine is lefty too.
    "If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the Gods to honour the men who make it their professional business to put it out?"
    Smokey
    Local 4124

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firehat87 View Post
    You might want to take a look a the the PacMule over at "thefirestore.com"
    I love mine and it is real handy as a truck/escape belt. add a 8mm rope and roll
    From the firestore website:
    the PacMule is
    # Extremely light weight
    # Highly visible
    # 1-1/2” Belt webbing rated at 10,000 lb.
    # 3M Scotchlight® reflective material on front of padding provides high visibility in any light
    # Allows for hands-on ladder climbing with tools secured
    # Convenient quick tag and search line attachment
    # Provides 4" of wrap-around comfort
    # Equally distributes weight of equipment
    # 3”-wide D-rings snap out of the way when not in use
    # PacMule Escape and Ladder Belts are constructed to meet or exceed NFPA specifications
    # 3 Waist Sizes Available: Large (34"-40"), X-Large (42"-50"), XX-Large (52"+)

I hope this helps

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire Innovation Belts

You guys that are using the Fire Innovation Belts which model are you using and how do you have yours set up ? In their video a second strap is added to convert the belt to a class II harness. Have any of you added a second Multi-Use strap in addition to the one that comes with the belt ? Where have you found the best prices on these belts, direct from Fire Innovations or another vendor ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information