Forum Member

Default Gemtor Harness and Cairns Pants

I have a question about the gemtor harness... I have cairns pants that have an opening in the middle its two layers of velcro. One that holds the liner together (like a fly) and the outer shell (same idea) will the gemtor harness work if i already have belt loops in the gear. There is one wide one in the back and one on either side. Any input is greatly appreciated

http://www.globefiresuits.com/cairns...trouser-fb.asp

that is what the pants look like that i have, will it work? and if it will which one shoudl i buy?
    Last edited by E7T1Stick; 02-14-2005 at 10:33 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I imagine it will work, I have the same harness that your speaking of, and my pants open the opposite way that the harness somes undone. Its a pain in tha ***** sometimes when your trying to get dressed/undressed, but it will still operate correctly as far as I know.

Forum Member

I am currently having a pair of morning pride pants modified for a gemtor harness at a local company that cleans and repairs gear.

If you have a place that repairs gear near you, they might be able to alter the loops to hold the harness. They might have to add more loops.

Let me know where you are located and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Default Im in Ct

im not sure the department will allow me to alter the gear that i have....kinda dissapointing seeing as i missed the gear fitting by a few weeks...so now ive got to wait until july to get fitted for the new MP stuff with the harness in it....

Forum Member

You will not be disappointed with the MP gear. I have been ordering MP gear now for about 5 years. The first time we ordered, the harnesses were not available. Since then, every set that we have ordered has had the harness with them. All of the guys that have worn the harnesses have had no problems with them at all. Thank goodness no one has had to bail out and really put the harnesses to the test.

Good luck with your gear. Oh, by the way if you are in the Eastern PA area two places that could alter any gear are national safety clean and 911 safety equipment.

Thread Information