Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introduction

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Introduction

Since, I have been posting on and off for a while, I wanted to finally give an introduction.

I am a Lieutenant on the Kankakee Township Fire Protection District, we are a small fire district serving the unincorporated areas to the east and south of Kankakee. We run about 185 calls a year.. 75 fire related and 110 ambulance. If you ever want to see how municpal annexations can make crazy boundries, I can send you a map. (Once the county planner gets done updating it! <again> ) We contact the ambulance service out to a local hospital but we do run with them on calls. I just got my Paramedic license after waiting 4 months for the state to design a test. I work part-time as a Engineer/Paramedic for the Bourbonnais Fire Protection District. Bourbonnais is running around 2100 calls a year from one station and getting busier each year. My full time gig is with the local cable company in sales. Anyway, thats the reader's digest version. If you have any questions shoot me an email or post here.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

K3;
    Welcome.
    I, too, have been posting for awhile.
    I am president of our district's board of trustees.
    I had 22 active years on the department; 14 as chief.
    We cover about 60 square miles, mostly ag, but we get some hot Interstate runs to MVAs. Our average year is about 70 calls; half are rescue.
    We are an ISO Class 6. We went there from an 8. We have 10 certified FFIIs and two state certified Instructor I on the department.
    We helped organize and grow the Western Illinois Firefighters Association. I served as their president for 4 years. We helped start and grow the Henry County SIRT team. I was on the board until MABAS district 39 was formed. We also helped get MABAS 31 going through WIFA. In fact, one of our captains (trainer) is the president of district 31. Our chief is the current secretary of WIFA.
    I served on the rulesmaking committee for the zero interest loan program. That's right; I sat right across from JT and Chief Grady and helped to set the rules for the only program like it in the country.
    My full time gig is as a safety director for a large company that contracts with a major earth-moving company.
    I greatly enjoy what I do.
    Oh and when I am not busy, you can find me on the golf course or on the HD Road King. I have also been known to write an episode or two of "The Adventures of Jake and Vinnie". That can be found at the "other" website, where I am on the board, editor-in-chief and recent recipient of the Legion of Merit award.
    I am soooooo full of myself!
    Welcome to the Illinois forums.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I am soooooo full of myself!
    Too f'n funny! Well deserved though, CR. Did I hear there's a new episode of Jake & Vinnie out today?! Time to get on over there and read it!

Nice to meet ya, k3!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

K3,
    I know how those boundries can be lets say a little screwed up, I am a captian with Monmouth Fire full time department we ahve places that will have 1 or 2 houses in city limits and the house right next to them are in the county so they wait 15 min or so for the other dept.

Welcome

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Thanks for the intro and a belated welcome to the Illinois forums.
    CR might be full of himself, but he has a lot to offer and does so on a regular basis. Whether we ask or not. Just kidding.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Sheri:
    I'm doing something bigger than Jake and Vinnie this month. It will be in the Voice of Reason.
    Just wait till you see it.
    Put the hip waders on for some of my best work ever.
    For those who haven't joined IACOJ, you're going to miss it.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by ChiefReason
    Sheri:
    I'm doing something bigger than Jake and Vinnie this month. It will be in the Voice of Reason.
    Just wait till you see it.
    Put the hip waders on for some of my best work ever.
    For those who haven't joined IACOJ, you're going to miss it.
    CR
    Ohhhhhhhh how intriguing

I was absolutely devastated when I found out there was no new episode. LOL
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information