Forum Member

Question Rear Mounted Pump

Can anyone help me with some information with a Rear Mounted Pump Panel??? Good or Bad???

Forum Member

More like... "get used to it". From what I am hearing, with the new emission controls on the diesel engines, a rear mount is going to be your only option eventually.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

BlueBird,

Alabaster Fire and Rescue Service in Shelby County, Alabama recently put into service a rear mount pump on a KME Rescue/Engine. From what I hear they are pleased so far. The truck is on KME's website under new deliveries. The link to the dept website contact page is: http://www.cityofalabaster.com/Default.asp?ID=195

Forum Member

Thumbs up

We just signed the contract for a pumper/rescue that is a rear mount. According to the mfg., by having the pump in the rear, you gain space for equipment and you are in a better position to see more of the scene, as may be necessary if you are short on help. If you would like to talk to the guys who are building our new truck, I'd be happy to pass their name & website along in a separate e-mail. Send me a message at calumetfire@pldi.net.
    "It ain't the age honey, it's the mileage"-Indiana Jones

Thread Information