Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drager users

Forum Member

Default Drager users

What kind of life have you been getting out of the lithium CR2 batteries in the HUD? Our scbas are less than a year old and we have already had to replace a couple batteries. We were told we should get longer battery life than this and we may have just received a couple week batteries.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

We just got our 4500's, and haven't had time to burn any batteries yet, but the rep did say expect to change the mask every six months (with our 2x weekly use), and the pass annually. He said a year might be stretching it. I can't remember the exact hours he quoted, but the mask only got about half the hours of the pack.

It would of course, be nice if it was consistent.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure of the type of Dragor we have. But it is about 4 yezars old and last August we changed the batteries in the pass alarm / gauge for the first time.
    Thanks
    DM

MembersZone Subscriber

We have been getting about 3 months out our lithium batteries in the HUD. The rest of the batteries are dependant upon use so hard to say how long you should get out of them.

Forum Member

We have had some bad batteries from the get go. SCBA are about 8 months old. Replaced about 8 batteries and have not had a problem since.

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

We have had the PSS 100 with Sentinel package for a little over a year and have had batteries go dead in almost all of them. The batteries can last up to a year if you don't use them often. However, our Draeger rep. told us to change them every 6 months. I think he said the 9 volt in the PASS can be changed once a year.

Remember, there is 1 CR2 in your mask, 2 CR2s in your pack, and 1 nine volt in your PASS. If you are having a hard time finding affordable batteries, try searching on EBAY. We got a damn good deal on a big box of the CR2s. Whenever you change the battery in your mask (for the HUD), make sure the 2 lights over on the right flash. Not the warning lights, but the other ones.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Thread Information