• EASY

11 100.00%
  • OTHER

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fema Grant 2004

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Fema Grant 2004

I JUST JOINED FIREHOUSE.COM. I WOULD TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT MY DEPARTMENT RECEIVED THE FEMA GRANT FOR $89,136.00. I WRITE THE GRANTS FOR MY DEPT. IM JUST CURIOUS IF THERE IS OTHER FUNDING OUT AND COULD SOMEONE PASS SOME INFO TO ME AT tdickson03@aol.com. Thanks
    ED FROM MELROSE NY

Yes there is other funding out there. The Department of Homeland Security offers WMD funding to every state.

This funding is for the purchase of equipment and other essentials in order to respond to a terorist threat or CBRNE event. All agencies including: Fire Departments, Rescue Squads, EMS Agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies can apply for equipment via this program.

Our county has recieved substantial funding for this type of equipment since 2003 and we just recently applied for a very large countywide agency request.

This is a very good program but unfortunatley they didn't give us much time to get started we only had two weeks to get it submitted and the red tape and guidelines are very strict. The 2005 window has closed for all applications (or atleast it has in my state) but it is never to late to get started for next year. Contact your local EM Director or contact your state office for homeland security and they can advise you, who, what, where and when of the next grant session.

Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Chief, Charles Fisher
    Carlisle County Rural Fire Department
    Carlisle County Rescue Squad

Thread Information